Well hello there! And Welcome back!!
Its certainly been a while. We've been open a week now and what can we say but thank you so much to all our customers for making it a really great week. Everyone was super friendly and we were nice and busy but it still felt safe.
We started the week by putting out some stuff we processed over the lockdown period from home (all 45s). So a load of great 60s, Psych, Punk, Indie Rock, Reggae, Ska and Post Punk 45s went out. Including a large amount from the big Oz/Nz collection we bought. This included some really rare Pink Floyd, Ruperts People, Jimi Hendrix, Sham 69, The Only Ones, The Clash, Sex Pistols, The Rolling Stones (and many more) Oz / Nz pressings. We also put out some of the Reggae 45s processed over the lockdown including a load of Studio Ones!
Lets have a look at what we bought in the last month or so:
1) An absolutely massive CD collection which consisted of a hell of a lot of Classic Rock and Psych titles. Several bags of ultra rare Grateful Dead CDs too!
2) Unbelievably another huge CD collection with even more Grateful Dead CDs!! Included were some massive box sets and boxes and boxes of really rare CDs.
3) Dunk bought a great big 70s Vinyl collection which consisted of lots of nice copies of original LPs from artists like Joni Mitchell, Grateful Dead (of course), Jimi Hendrix, Black Sabbath, Elton John, Santana, The Rolling Stones, Nucleus, The Beatles, Emerson Lake & Palmer, Colloseum, Janis Joplin, T Rex, Cat Stevens, Fairport Convention, King Crimson, John Martyn, Marvin Gaye, Led Zeppelin, Queen, Mahavishnu Orchestra, The Crusaders, Television, Ian Dury, Nick Drake, Cream, Kraftwerk etc.
4) I bought a big House and Techno collection through a pal in Nottingham. The collection consisted of tonnes of DIY affiliated artists, as well as loads of Tech House, Warp Records, Detroit Techno, Deep House, Garage House, Strictly Rhythm etc. Several thousand.
5) Scott bought in a great Industrial CD collection featuring loads of really great Noise, Avant, Modern Classical and Dark Ambient artists. All in tip top shape.
6) If that didn't keep him busy enough he also bought a massive great Rap CD collection. Pure wall of fame 90s classics. Loads of great albums from Gang Starr, Wu Tang Clan, Pete Rock, J Dilla, Moby Deep, Showbiz & AZ, Gravediggaz, Snoop Dogg, NWA, Black Moon, Company Flow, Edan, MC Solar, UGK, Grand Puba, Fat Joe, DITC, Lord Finesse, Ghostface etc.
7) Another great CD collection came in that was a great mix of just great albums; Stereolab, Terry Callier, 13th Floor Elevators, Os Mutantes, The Zombies, Aphex Twin, Mazzy Star, MF Doom, Throbbing Gristle, The Seeds, Cat Power, Sly & The Family Stone, LTJ Bukem, Miles Davis, Archie Shepp, Curtis Mayfield, Will Oldham, Can, William Onyeabour, Slowdive, Pharaoh Sanders, My Bloody Valentine, Autechre, Shellac etc.
8) A great pile of Soul / Funk / latin reissue LPs from Willie Colon, Willi Bobo, Cymande, Alice Clark, James Brown etc.
9) Great pile of 60's and 70s LPs from an old friend of mine with titles from David Bowie, The Beatles, The Who, Love, The Pretty Things...as well as some newer records from the Swans, Amyl & The Sniffers, EYEHATEGOD , Sonny Sharrock, etc.
10) Some massive CD box sets from The Clash, Abba and Sir Elton John.
11) Big pile of Reggae and Soul 12"s and LPs with a few good ones from Barry Brown, Starvue, Barrington Levy, Fela Kuti, Michael Jackson etc.
12) Huge pile of great Industrial and Indie LPs - several hundred - No Trend, Felt, My Bloody Valentine, Current 93, Andrew Chalk, Ty Segall, Belle & Sebastian, James Blackshaw, Angels Of Light, Mirror, In Camera, Royal Trux, Om, Six Organs Of Admittance, Isobell Campbell, Circle...
13) Another few friends popped in to see me this time with a great stack of CDs and Vinyl (several hundred again!) from NoMeansNo, Fugazi, Richard & Linda Thompson, July, Dead Kennedys, Carcass, Napalm Death, Hygiene, Motorhead, loads of Disco Discharge CDs, Pentangle, SS Decontrol, Slayer etc.
14) Massive pile of Reggae, Ska, Rocksteady and Skinhead CDs including a lot of Trojan titles.
15) One super rare Arctic Monkeys 45!
16) Al bought in a nice pile of modern Indie / Experimental / Pop LPs including titles from Pole, FKA Twigs, Robyn etc.
17) Another great 60's and 70s collection with nice LPs from Jimi Hendrix, The Doors, Neil Young, The Beatles and The Who.
18) A nice mixed collection which included LPs from Serge Gainsbourg, New Order, The Owl Service, Pop Will Eat Itself, Supertramp etc.
19) Nice little pile of House, Techno, Jazz and Funk featuring records from Buddy Miles, Pete Rock, Model 500, Underground Resistance, Peven Everett etc.
20) Another 70s collection (The Beatles, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Carol King, Judy Collins, Elton John, Deep Purple) - all vinyl.
21) Lovely mixture of vinyl from MC5, Bomp Records, The Orchids, Enya, Beach Boys, some 60s Pop and some Pink Floyd!
22) More Reggae vinyl from Dennis Brown, Sugar Minott, Bob Marley, Fred Locks, Jacob Miller etc.
23) A massive collection of Jungle, Hardcore, House, Techno and UK Garage. All original vinyl. Huge runs of classic labels such as Production House, Strictly Rhythm, Nervous, Suburban Base. Loads of really rare bits from Tom & Jerry, Dillinja, Photek....you name it! Quite a few thousand here....so it'll probably take us a while to get these out.
And tonnes more....
Plenty more collections on the horizon so keep popping in....!!