We roll into September
Well the first month went as well as can be expected what with the pandemic and Brexit looming over our heads. The shop refit made post Covid work a lot safer and more practical and on top of that were think it looks a lot nicer!
The new website and Discogs meant we could sell some titles online as well as instore..but as ever you need to come into to the shop to view the full stock or to see the nice bits first!
We have a few big collections coming up this month (fingers crossed) but for now heres what we’ve been buying:
- Duncan bought an excellent Classic Rock / West Coast / Psychedelic collection which consisted of lots of great condition first pressings. This is one of those collections where you flick through a box and are just flabbergasted by all of the beautiful copies and the classic sleeves. Titles from Dr John, Pink Floyd, The Doors, Jefferson Airplane, Rod Stewart, John Martyn, Motorhead, Blondie, Bob Marley, Traffic, Small Faces, Jeff Beck, Love, Ian Dury, The Who, Collosseum, Grateful Dead (loads of Grateful Dead!!), Hawkwind, Emmy Lou Harris, Brian Eno etc.
- One of our favourite DJs popped in with several big boxes full of LPs, 45s, 12”s and Tapes. Some absolutely class material - Ambient, House, Drum & Bass, Experimental, Techno, Nu Disco/Edits, Boogie, Afrobeat, UK Garage, Dubstep, Grime etc. Some examples: TTT, Full Cut Records, EL-B, Ramadanman, DJ Jes, Steve Birchall, Groove Elastic, Tribe Of Colin, L.I.E.S. Records, Steven Halpern, Funkineven, Thomas Mapfumo etc.
- One of our regular sellers popped in with a great pile of rare-ish vinyl including several Library titles, Link Wray, Sun Ra and a few Punk LPs.
- Toru has been selling in tonnes of LPs, 45s and 12”s including lots of rare Japanese City Pop, Japanese Folk (including three Maki Asakawa LPs), more rare Jungle and Hardcore 12”s from Bonehead Records, Tom & Jerry etc and of course a lot of Jazz.
- Pat has also been selling in some good records - mostly Reggae this time!
- A new seller came in with some great LPs including a great mixture of XTC, Lightning Hopkins, Can, Hapshash & The Coloured Coat etc.
- Big pile of Punk CDs came in including loads of classics from Stiff Little Fingers, Minor Threat, The Business, PIL, Siouxsie & The Banshees, Suicidal Tendencies, DRI, The Damned, The Clash, The Stupids etc.