Hi from Reckless!
This blog was written to the sounds of
Sorry for the lack of posting any Blog material for a little while, we have been extremely busy!
We've bought some mega collections since the last post; lets get started!
1) A friend of mine had been threatening to sell off a large part of his collection for years. About 4 months ago he finally drove up from the South Coast with a delivery van absolutely stuffed with vinyl. He's now been up three times so I can't even begin to fathom how many records we've bought but it's got to be over 10,000 titles. I knew my friend Steve from my time in Nottingham (when I was working at the incredible Selectadisc!) where he would drive a bus, and put on absolutely mad noise and experimental nights. We've both ended up on opposing sides of Romney Marsh. The collection is made up of Punk, Free Jazz, Post Punk, Hardcore, Noise, Drone, Experimental, Industrial, Goth, Improv, Minimal Synth, Musique Concrete and some 80s Indie Rock. The kind of artists included are Merzbow, Whitehouse, Coil, Derek Bailey, Black Flag, Current 93, SPK, Cocteau Twins, Germs, The Adverts, Throbbing Gristle, Sex Pistols, Public Image LTD, Hunting Lodge, The Pop Group, The Slits, Cockney Rejects, Mission Of Burma, Albert Ayler, Nick Cave, Magazine, Siouxsie & The Banshees, The Sisters Of Mercy, The Stooges, Wire, Ramleh, Alternative TV, The Raincoats, Lydia Lunch, Nurse With Wound, The Ruts, Suicidal Tendencies, Wolf Eyes, AMM, Ornette Coleman, Cabaret Voltaire, Psychic TV.. Lots of way more under the radar stuff in there too. Some really brilliant records here!
2) Scott bought a really classic Dance collection - around 1000 titles. Chicago House, Trance, Deep House, UK Garage, Rave, Happy Hardcore, French House...
3) Ben has bought thousands of Classic Rock and Prog records from one seller. Including all the big artists such as Deep Purple, Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Uriah Heep, Jimi Hendrix, The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Groundhogs, John Mayall, David Bowie, Fairport Convention, The Animals, Grateful Dead, The Velvet Underground, Love, Wishbone Ash etc.
4) Tom has been buying some great Rock collections on CD. One in particular is fantastic as they are original sealed items. Included are also lots of classic box sets. Artists like Neil Young, The Byrds, Joni Mitchell, Small Faces, Pink Floyd, Jefferson Airplane, Cream, Santana, Thin Lizzy etc. There must be several thousand of these titles and there are many more to come.
5) Both Ben and Toru have recently come back from Japan and have been selling in loads of brilliant Japanese pressings. From Japanese pressings of classic albums to Manga soundtracks to City Pop grails! Our Japanese section is positively bulging at the moment!
6) Scott bought an absolutely amazing Reggae collection. There are around 1000 fantastic Reggae and Rocksteady 45s (in variable condition). I have been pricing these (and play testing them as I go!) and there have been some really amazing rare titles in there from Burning Spear, Lee Scratch Perry, Prince Buster, Bob Marley, Gregory Isaacs, Max Romeo, Alton Ellis, Ken Boothe etc. Some pretty big money 45s in the rare box (Blue Cat, Blue Beat etc!).
7) I bought a pretty special Reggae LP and 12" collection. About 6 big boxes of some of the rarest Dub LPs we've ever had in (Dub Sensation, Mellow Dub, Ital Dub, Revival Dub Roots Now, Ja Man Dub, Musical Bones etc). There were also 2 boxes of really rough but rare 45s - including loads of Studio Ones. Sadly a lot of these were just a bit too rough and ended up in the £1 section, but some made it through!
8) Ben and Sean bought a brilliant wall of 90s Indie vinyl - including originals from Oasis, Slowdive, The Pixies, Nick Cave, The Lemonheads, Morrissey, Chapterhouse, Dinosaur JR, Husker Du, Butthole Surfers, Ween, Ride, Nirvana etc.
9) Sean also bought another 90s-00s collection which included some really rare titles including Smashing Pumpkins "Mellon Collie", Marilyn Manson, Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Soundgarden, Fear Factory, Nine Inch Nails, Megadeth, Grave, Alice In Chains etc.
10) I bought a really brilliant Pop collection - quite a few rare pressings of titles from Taylor Swift, Lana Del Ray, Ariane Grande, Spice Girls, James Blake, Paramore, Harry Styles, Britney Spears, Phoebe Bridgers, Doja Cat, Kylie Minogue etc. Some pretty rare titles here and there including theTaylor Swift heart shaped double album.
11) I bought more from one of our regular sellers who always brings in amazing stuff - included was the Honeybus, Pretty Things (original SF Sorrow!), Them, The Lemonheads, The Jam, Sex Pistols, Pavement, Spacemen 3, Black Flag, Bert Jansch, Love, Incredible String Band, Rickie Lee Jones, Tom Waits, Massive Attack, Scott Walker, Sugar...
12) Toru went to a cool Jazz collection in South London and picked up (among others) the Paul Gonsalves "Boom-Jackie-Boom-Chick" as well as some other rare titles from Archie Shepp, Bill Evans, Miles Davis, Yusef Lateef etc.
13) Toru and Scott have been buying in some great UK Garage titles from another regular seller. Condition is up and down but they have brought in some classic Anthill Mob, Steve Gurley, 24 Hour Experience, MJ Cole. Grant Nelson, Tuff Jam, Todd Edwards titles.
14) Scott bought in a massive pile of classic Dubstep - including loads of real big hitters (DMZ's!!!!). Tunes from Digital Mystikz, Skream, Cotti, Cluekid, Benga, Distance, D1, Coki, TRG, Quest, Kromestar, Loefah, Silkie, Pinch etc. I believe on the same day the friend of that seller bought in a huge pile of Metalheadz titles too. A good day.
15) One new seller turned up with a car load of absolutely amazing UK Garage, and in great condition too. Roughly 4-500. Lots of super rare bits and a lot of classics too. Some really hard to get titles from Anthill Mob, RIP Productions etc. Loads of titles that nobody has for sale on Discogs!
16) A really great classic Rock collection came in - several hundred LPs from The Band, Bob Dylan, David Bowie, Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, The Byrds, Fleetwood Mac, Jimi Hendrix, Eagles, Supertramp, Frank Zappa, Captain Beefheart, Hawkwind, Free, Cream, Grateful Dead, Deep Purple, The Kinks, The Beatles, Small Faces, Cat Stevens, Beach Boys, Neil Young etc.
17) A load of classic Hardcore, Jungle and Drum & Bass came in last week too. Including some really great titles from Skanna, Peshay, Ram Trilogy, Source Direct, Doc Scott, DJ Ham, G-Force, Tango, Bay-B-Kane, Undercover Elephant, Breakage, Equinox, Nookie, Invisible Man...
We've been very busy on the processing front, heres an idea of whats been going out!
Noise / Avant Garde LPs
Black Metal Tapes
Classic Rock CDs
UK Garage / Dubstep 12"s
90s Techno 12"s
Pop LPs and 12"s
Happy Hardcore / Jungle 12"s
Alternative / Indie LPs
We've got plenty of interesting collections coming up - watch this space!