Post Christmas blow-out
Hello all, hope you had a nice Christmas! We're back open after a couple of days off and have loads of goodies for you!
This Blog was written to the sounds of:
Lets look at some of the great collections that have come in since the last blog post:
1) An absolutely stonking late 60's to early 80's Rock collection. The collection is very heavy on the late 60s Psychedelia, West Coast, Blues Rock, Classic Rock, Folk Rock, Progressive Rock and Pop. The titles are pretty much all original too - Nick Drake, Canned Heat, Genesis, Caravan, Hot Tuna, Grateful Dead, Michael Chapman, Amon Duul, Faust, Hatfield & The North, Kevin Ayers, Stackwaddy, Fairport Convention, Captain Beefheart, Joni Mitchel, Simon & Garfunkel, Queen, Jimi Hendrix, Soft Machine, Pink Floyd, Black Sabbath, Bob Dylan, John Fahey, David Bowie, Groundhogs, Cream, Savoy Brown, Van Der Graaf Generator, The Pretty Things, Hawkwind, The Beatles, The Zombies, The Rolling Stones, Janis Joplin, Led Zeppelin, Beach Boys, The Doors etc. Some really great records here!
2) I went to an absolutely brilliant collection near Lords cricket ground. I couldn't believe it when I went into the main room with the records and in this beautiful room lined with books saw a load of Black Metal, Signed Coil stuff, Current 93 etc. Well the seller (who was a very nice interesting man I should say!) decided to hang on to his Black Metal and signed Coil stuff but what I did buy was really great. Loads of brilliant cassettes including an original copy of Loveless, loads of Gangsta Rap, Noise, Michael Hurley, 90s Indie, Industrial, Bathory, Aphex Twin promos etc. The CDs were also amazing: Circle, Nurse With Wound (loads and loads of NWW cds!), classic 90s Rap, Sun Ra, Aphex Twin, Current 93, Boris, Sunn o))), Rockabilly comps, 13th Floor Elevators, Jungle compilations, Pan Sonic etc. Of course the records were also amazing (even if some really great records were pulled out!): Notorious BIG, Current 93, Type O Negative, Brand Nubian, Townes Van Zandt, Roky Erickson, Skullflower, Raekwon, Wu Tang Clan, Flamin Groovies, Sex Pistols, Rolling Stones, Geto Boys, Blue Cheer, Grateful Dead, Link Wray, Autechre, Doc Scott, Dead Can Dance, Merzbow, Motorhead, Steve Reich, The Cramps, Worship, Yabby You, The Stooges, Wire, Amon Duul, Guru Guru, Therapy?, Mudhoney, Wipers, Soundgarden, Nirvana, Loop, The Sundays, Basic Channel etc. A serious collection!!
3) Toru recently came back from Japan and brought loads of great records with him, so our Japanese section is getting topped up everyday and there are loads of great Japanese pressings of classic Jazz LPs going out most days!
4) A very happy fellow left the shop after selling in a nice bunch of LPs including a few original Oasis LPs, Blur, The White Stripes, Fucked Up (a pretty rare 7"!), Saint Etienne, The Long Blondes, The Who, Tricky etc.
5) A nice stack of CDs including titles from Dead Kennedys, Max Richter and Muslimgauze.
6) Big stack of Japanese Soul CDs.
7) Little pile of Reggae including Anthony B, Burning Spear, Junior Delgado etc.
8) A pretty interesting pile of 45s - mostly Punk/DIY/Minimal Synth.
9) A mixed bag from one seller: Digital, Jeff Mills, Pet Shop Boys, Kraftwerk, The Cure, Stereolab, Depeche Mode, DJ Zinc, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd etc.
10) I went to another collection (this time in East) with loads of Synth Pop and Indie Rock. Several hundred CDs and records including titles from Husker Du, Depeche Mode, Elliott Smith, Hot Chip, PJ Harvey, Wire, The Chameleons etc.
11) One of my pals sold in a load of great records including titles from Armitage Road, Charles Tolliver, Folkways, Joseph Bonner, Magic Carpet, Max Roach, Burning Spear, Elias Rahbani, Henry Cow, Matching Mole, Van Morrisson, Nic Jones, Vangelis, Fatu Gayflour, Ramone Pryme, Jimmy Blanche, Kate Bush, Steely Dan, Yoko Ono, Nyassa, VS Quartet, Alla, Bionic Echo, Ravi Shankar etc.
12) Small pile of modern issues from Sun Ra, Jimi Hendrix, The Smiths etc.
13) Some wicked Dancehall titles from Tonto Irie, Tiger, Admiral Bailey etc.
14) Classic LPs from Dr Feelgood, Roberta Flack, Kraftwerk, New Order, Roxy Music etc.
15) More Jazz from Sun Ra and Art Blakey.
16) A load more Reggae, mostly reissues this time.
17) Some great Black Metal from Sargeist, Kommodos, Owls Blood etc.
18) Rare bits from Alice Coltrane and Tame Impala.
19) Several cheapies from The Rolling Stones, Otis Redding, Chuck Berry, Ringo etc.
20) Reissues from Nazareth, King Crimson, Blue Cheer etc.
21) Some really nice 60s and 70s titles including the Bedazzled soundtrack, Pretty Things Box Set, John Mayall, Sandy Denny, the Island Blue Eyed Soul comp etc.
22) Some cracking Indie Rock vinyl from Radiohead, The Field Mice, Joy Division, The Smiths etc.
23) More corkers from Robert Leiner, Nine Inch Nails, Flaming Lips, Brian Eno, Boards Of Canada etc.
24) Absolutely brilliant collection of mostly 45s which included loads of great Rocksteady, Ska and Reggae as well as loads of great rare African 45s. Plenty of Fela Kuti, Lee Perry, Blue Coxsons etc.
25) Some great tittles from Graham Collier, Nas, Graham Bond, Battered Ornaments, Arthur Verocai, Beatles etc.
26) Loads more Minimal and Deep House.
27) Some decent LPs and 12"s from Jamiroquai, Alice Clark, Yazmin Lacey, Madlib, Miles Davis, Method Man, Alton Ellis, Lee Perry, Peggy Gou, D'Angelo etc.
28) Random titles from The Pop Group, Guided By Voices, Hal Blaine, Slade, Cass McCoombs, Mum, The Doors, Tim Rose, Travelling Willburys, Eyehategod, Pink Floyd, Public Enemy, Sister Sledge, Michael Jackson, The 1975, Jamie T, Cocteau Twins, Ben Howard, The Clash, Eagles, U2, Abba, Public Image LTD, Coldplay, Patti Austin, Andy Bey, Bee Gees, Wings, T Rex...
Plenty of collections on the horizon! Hope you have a great New Years Eve!