Our recent buying
This Blog was written to the sounds of:
Hope all is well.
Here is some information on some of the buying we have done recently:
1) I'm not sure if you remember but a few years ago I bought an absolutely huge collection from a friend of mine in Nottingham that was one of the best collections we've ever bought. Well my pal had started buying again but decided to let it all go. It was around 1500 records, mostly LPs and 12"s but a few 10s and 7"s too. It's an absolutely brilliant collection thats made up of Italian Progressive Rock, Strictly Rhythm, Post Punk, Zeuhl, Synth Pop, Garage House, Acid House, Dub, Spiritual Jazz, Electro, Boom Bap, Rave, Balearic Chuggers, Drone, Punk, Roots Reggae, Dancehall, Avant Garde, Modern Composition etc. Lots of great LPs and 12"s from Keith Hudson, Magma, Robert Wyatt, Scientist, Raekwon, Adonis, The Zombies, Barrington Levy, Wu Tang Clan, Steve Reich, Cabaret Voltaire, The Doors, The Normal, Soft Cell, The Fall, Television Personalities etc. Its an amazing collection, and the titles are flying out!
2) I was at a small but great Rock and New Wave collection the other day in South East London, several hundred LPs from Bruce Springsteen, Sex Pistols, Sham 69, The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, The Cure, X Ray Spex, Dr Feelgood, Elvis Costello, The Fall, The Clash, The Damned, Talking Heads, The Zombies, Joni Mitchell, Led Zeppelin, Bob Marley, Pretenders etc.
3) I also went to another really good collection in South later that day that was mostly Disco and Reggae. The Disco and Boogie were mostly clean US Import 12"s (with some rarer UK 12"s in there too). The Reggae was a mixture of UK and JA pressings, mostly super clean! Some really rare records here from Cornell Campbell, China Burton, Jake Sollo, Scientist, Eddy Grant, Stranger Cole, Errol Dunkley, The Wailers, Eek-A-Mouse, Linval Thompson, Curtis Mayfield, Jean Plum, Junior Delgado etc.
4) Toru bought a great pile of clean Classic Rock and Psychedelia - mostly original pressings from Cream, Julie Driscoll, Jimi Hendrix, The Beatles, The Doors, Howlin Wolf, Led Zeppelin, The Rolling Stones, Fairport Convention etc.
5) Scott bought a great Drum & Bass collection yesterday. It's about 250 90s-00s 12"s, all in great nick, from artists like Photek, Mampi Swift, EZ Rollers, Shy FX, Klute, High Contrast, Roni Size, Calyx, Bad Company, Ray Keith, DJ Hype, Total Science, Dillinja, Ed Rush, Clipz etc.
6) Ben bought a nice little pile of LPs and Tapes including titles from Miles Davis, David Bowie, Greenslade, The Rutles, Blue Oyster Cult etc.
7) One of our regular sellers has sold in lots off Jazz and Rock recently including titles from Lee Morgan, US3, Nat Birchall, Neil Young, Teenage Fanclub, Ezra Collective, Julie Driscoll, Gotan Project, Ruby Rushton etc.
8) A pal of mine also sold in a load of Jazz including titles from Roland Kirk, Ahmad Jamal, Kenny Dorham, Bill Evans, Lee Konitz etc.
9) Toru has sold in loads of good stuff including some really rare titles from 3 Chairs, Moodymann, Kerri Chandler, Ron Hardy as well as loads more Jazz!
10) A pal of mine has been travelling up from Kent with great piles of LPs, CDs and 45s including loads of Punk, Reggae, Psych, Calypso, Drone etc. Titles from Crass, 13th Floor Elevators, The Damned, This Heat, Family Fodder, Frenzy, Broadcast, The Skatalites, loads of Killed By Death comps etc.
11) Ben bought in more good Rock and Indie LPs from The Knife, Bob Dylan, Dire Straits, James, Elvis Costello, Led Zeppelin, Roxy Music, Pink Floyd, Queen etc.
12) Toru bought in a load of Old School Rap and Dance classics (around a hundred).
13) Some decent Metal LPs came in from Bathory, Autopsy, Bolt Thrower, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest etc.
14) More Classic LPs from Iron Maiden, The Rolling Stones, Carol King, Johnny Cash, Black Sabbath. Including a few modern rarities including Maiden picture discs.
15) A rather random pile of LPs from Billy Jenkins, Gauze, Slave, Trevor Watts, Satans Satyrs etc.
16) Sean bought in a very cool pile of records including titles from J Dilla, Ariel Pink, The Oh Sees, The Rolling Stones, Suede, Sonic Youth, My Bloody Valentine etc.
17) Loads more random LPs, CDs and 45s from artists like: Jackie Mittoo, Kendrick Lamar, The Wailers, Jimmy Cliff, Neu!, Parquet Courts, Bjork, Arvo Part, Shirley Collins, The Beatles, Stevie Wonder, Sun Ra, Alternative TV, Autechre, MGMT, Sugarhill Gang, Actress, Floating Points, Janis Ian, Terrence Parker, Supergrass, White Stripes, Bob James, Hiroshi Suzuki, Roy Ayers, Bobby Konders, Sugar Minott, Scritti Polliti, The Doobie Brothers, Wishbone Ash, Joe Henderson, Ariana Grande, Prince, The Who, Jethro Tull, Al Green, Joe Cocker, Atomic Forest, The Gladiators, Blue Cheer, King Tubby, Belle & Sebastian, Negativland, Soft Machine, The Clash, Todd Edwards etc.
18) One last minute collection in from Scott was a huge old school Disco and House collection - around 700 LPs and 12"s - lots of classics from artists like Donald Byrd, Fingers Inc, Change etc!
We're still putting out roughly 200 new titles a day and now have a fair few new classic titles as well as second hand!