Our most recent buying
Hi from Reckless!
This Blog was written to the sounds of
We hope this post finds you all well!
Lots of buying and selling going on here, lets get started with the buying!
1) The biggest collection this month was a great Rock collection (consisting of around 3000 records). The collection spanned the 60's through to the early 90's - and was very 70's heavy. Lots of big artists such as The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Fairport Convention, Steely Dan, Yardbirds, Judee Sill, Nirvana (UK), David Bowie, The Velvet Underground, Townes Van Zandt, The Deviants, The Pretty Things, Neil Young, Joni Mitchell, Led Zeppelin, Nick Drake, Nico, Hawkwind, Incredible String Band, Mott The Hoople, Santana, Simon & Garfunkel, Trader Horne, Thin Lizzy, Miles Davis, Culture, Pentangle, Groundhogs, John Mayall, Supertramp, Beach Boys, The Pink Fairies, Grateful Dead, Jefferon Airplane, Soft Machine, Free, Jimi Hendrix, Tim Buckley, Bob Dylan, Leonard Cohen, Pink Floyd, Chicken Shack, The Byrds, Tom Petty, The United States Of America, Fleetwood Mac, Television, Roy Harper, Ten Years After, The Doors, Quintessence, Frank Zappa, King Crimson, Judee Sill, Brian Eno, Sex Pistols, Kate Bush, Devo, The Clash, The Damned, The Stranglers, Cream, Big Star, Queen, John Mayall, Bruce Springsteen, Kraftwerk, The Cure, Cat Stevens, The Zombies etc. It's probably one of the best Rock collections we have bought for years. Pretty much every title is absolutely factory fresh, possibly played once! Some titles are even still sealed. These are absolutely flying out.
2) Al bought in a really nice collection of a few hundred records that consisted of (mostly sealed!) LPs from Hank Mobley, Horace Silver, Jimmy Smith, Chet Baker, Freddie Hubbard, Wayne Shorter, Don Cherry, Sade, John Carpenter, Miles Davis, Thelonious Monk, Grateful Dead, Oasis, Jorge Ben, John Coltrane, Mariah, Nucleus, Nirvana, My Bloody Valentine, Cloud One... A real mixed bag!
3) Al also bought in a great Horror soundtrack collection - lots of modern-ish pressings. Loads of colour vinyl Death Waltz LPs.
4) Al was a very busy man on Saturday and also bought in a great Punk/New Wave 45 collection. Everything was in EX or NM condition. The rarest title was the first Felt 45 "Index" sadly missing the poem but a beautiful copy. There were also great singles from The Sound, Buzzcocks, Gang Of Four, The Mekons, John Cooper Clarke, Wire, The Slits, Public Image LTD, The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smiths, The Photos, The Teardrop Explodes, UK Decay, Gary Numan, The Police, Mo-Dettes, 999, The Fall, The Jam, Blondie, Adam & The Ants, The Alarm, The Associates, Au Pairs, The Cure, Siouxsie & The Banshees, Talking Heads, Theatre Of Hate, Echo & The Bunnymen, New Order, Killing Joke, Joy Division, Modern English etc.
5) I bought in a great selection from a family in West London - some very early Beatles LP pressings in amazing condition as well as a load of Blues LPs. The Blues LPs were really uncommon, and in great condition. A mixture of US Folkways LPs and UK pressings.
6) I went to a very interesting collection about 40 minutes away from where I live in rural Kent last week. In a big converted lambing shed there were a few hundred records - and some great titles too! I ended up buying titles from Spirogyra (the rarest of their three LPs!), May Blitz, Patto, Soft Machine, Edwyn Collins, Wire, Bunny Wailer, Keith Jarrett, Bill Evans, One Dove, Twinkle Brothers, Thelonious Monk, Help Yourself, Caravan, Grant Green, Paladin, Genesis, Yes, Sugar, James White, Talking Heads, Prince, Grateful Dead etc.
7) Tom went to a great CD collection the other day, a few thousand titles. Mostly titles bought from places like Honest Jons, Second Layer, Sound 323 etc. Loads of Free Jazz, Improv, Experimental, Afrobeat, Brazilian, Reggae, Psychedelic, Post Punk, Soul, Hip Hop etc. Pretty much everything in great shape too - titles from MF Doom, AMM, Throbbing Gristle, Ultramagnetic MCs, Keith Hudson, Karlheinz Stockhausen, William Parker, Joshua Abrahams, Judee Sill, Nucleus, Kendrick Lamaar, Andrew Hill, Ornette Coleman, Derek Bailey, Company Flow, Fela Kuti, Os Mutantes, Alice Coltrane, Joe Gibbs, Alice Clark etc.
8) An old friend of mine brought in a great pile of Metal last week - LPs from Bolt Thrower, Immortal, Iron Maiden, Behemoth, Mayhem, Entombed, Darkthrone etc.
We've been getting a lot of really great records out recently heres an idea:
US House 12"s
2000's DNB 12"s
RNB 12"s and LPs
Reggae and Dancehall 45s and 12"s
Classic Rock LPs
Americana / Country LPs
Psychedelic Rock LPs
We're always on the look out for more collections so get in touch via our email on firstname.lastname@example.org or Whatsapp on 07507894751