Our Latest Buying
Hi from Reckless!
This blog was written to the sounds of
Ultra busy at Reckless at the moment, we've been having to work overtime to make sure the racks are full! Lots of great new reissues in at the moment as well as all the usual second hand titles (for example we have brand new reissue LPs from artists like Lana Del Ray, Fleetwood Mac, Taylor Swift, Queen, Mac Miller, Kendrick Lamaar, Kraftwerk, The Who, The Beatles, Oasis, Mitski, Adele, Amy Winehouse, Aphex Twin, Daft Punk, Joni Mitchell, The Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Bill Evans, John Coltrane, Al Green, Sly & The Family Stone, Grateful Dead, Slayer, Iron Maiden, Howlin Wolf, Sonic Youth, Sonny Rollins etc!). Lets have a look at some of the collections we've bought recently:
1) I went out and bought two really good collections in South London a few weeks ago. The first one was in Streatham and was a room full of lots and lots of records and books! A lot of the titles were not very sellable so I helped the seller organise a few bags for charity, a few bags for the bin and a few hundred for us to purchase. LPs we bought were by Shirley Collins, Bridget St John, Duncan Browne, Paper Bubble, Joni Mitchell, Todd Rundgren, Fairport Convention, Trader Horne etc.
2) After a long walk from Streatham to Nunhead (and a stop off at the awesome Ivyhouse) I started going through the second collection. I'd bought a few records from the chap selling the records so I knew that they would be good and I wasnt dissapointed - Dub, Roots Reggae, Industrial, Punk, Improv, Hardcore, Indie Rock, Jazz. A really classic Nunhead collection - love it! Records from Lee Scratch Perry, Burning Spear, AMM, Ornette Coleman, This Heat, Black Flag, Flipper, Brian Eno, MDC, Aphex Twin, African Head Charge, Cabaret Voltaire, Mad Professor, Evan Parker, Miles Davis, Nick Cave, Scritti Politti, Massive Attack, Harold Budd, Faust, Die Todliche Doris, Einsturzende Neubaten, Can, David Sylvian, Coil, Bill Laswell, Borbetomagus, Pharoah Sanders, Hugh Mundell, Public Image LTD etc.
3) Last week I was down in South London again this time for a massive Reggae collection. Roughly 2500 titles, a huge portion 45s. The Reggae was a mixture of 70s and 80s Roots and Dancehall and later Dancehall (with a sprinkling of 60s titles). Quite a few serious rarities amongst them! Classics from Burning Spear, Horace Martin, Bobby Digital, Ghost, Ranking Joe, Horace Andy, Peter Tosh, Gregory Isaacs, Tenor Saw, Garnett Silk, Cocoa Tea, Barrington Levy, Barry Brown, Augustus Pablo, Devon Irons, Larry Crosdale, Roman Stewart, Sister Nancy etc. Also included were a decent stack of Soca LPs and 12"s and some decent Hip Hop and RNB (Gang Starr, 50 Cent, Ashanti, Above The Law, Public Enemy, Amerie, The Notorious BIG, Aaliyah etc). These included a fair amount of Rap 45s too.
4) Ben was out at a rocking collection in Surrey yesterday. Around a thousand New Wave and Hard Rock records - mostly factory copies! Lots of classics from Motley Crue, Skid Row, Kraftwerk, Iron Maiden, Coverdale/Page, Elvis Costello, Sex Pistols, Talking Heads, Bon Jovi, Extreme etc. A massive mix of 45s and LPs!
5) Scott bought a great Blues and DNB combination out West. Father and Son I was lead to believe. All a bit party'd but some killer stuff. From UK demo Cannonball Adderly 45s to Tech Itch 12"s!
6) Ben bought a nice batch of Avant / Hardcore / Black Metal / Ambient titles. Included were titles from MGLA, Stars of the Lid, Cars Get Crushed, Lync, Immortal etc.
7) I bought another combo collection which included 60s and 70s Rock and then classic late 80s to mid 90s Alternative. The Parents collection included titles from The Beatles, The Who, Joni Mitchell, Led Zeppelin, George Harrison, John Lennon, Deep Purple, Small Faces etc. And the kids was (big mix of 45s and LPs) Lush, The Cardigans, Bush, Green Day, My Bloody Valentine, Pop Will Eat Itself, Cardiacs, Dinosaur JR, Foo Fighters, Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Hole, Snuff etc.
8) Scott bought a great batch of original Jazz LPs included were titles from Pete La Roca (an original copy of Basra), John Coltrane, Wayne Shorter, Pharoah Sanders, Grant Green etc.
9) Scott has also bought several batches of killer DNB off one seller. All 90s- mid 2000s - lots of great 12"s and LPs from High Contrast, Ed Rush, Logistics, Doc Scott, Equinox, Congo Natty, Danny C, Calibre, DJ Marky etc.
10) We've also been buying endless Hip Hop 12"s from one seller (hundreds of 12"s from artists like Dr Dre, Three 6 Mafia, Busta Rhymes, ATCQ etc).
11) Someone who's house we used to go to loads has been bringing in killer Funk/Soul and Electro titles to the shop. Always inlcuded are lots of out of print compilations.
12) Lots of good Punk records coming in at the moment - inlcuding lots of awesome 70s originals, 80s Anarcho and Gothic Punk originals too from one seller.
13) Another seller has been bringing in lots of Crust Punk - including titles from Detestation, State of Fear, Discharge, Health Hazard etc.
14) Large amounts of Classical CDs are coming in over the counter - all in perfect condition!
15) Some classic 60s EPs including some cool ones from Muddy Waters, Chuck Berry etc.
16) Classic Rock, 60s and 70s Soul from a collection Dunk went to - thanks Dunk!
17) Some nice high quality modern pressings from artists like Neil Young, Aretha Franklin, David Gilmour, AC/DC etc.
18) A decent collection of modern Pop LPs (Taylor Swift, The Weeknd, The National, Phoebe Bridgers, The 1975 etc).
19) Loads of Prince titles.
20) J Dilla 45 box sets.
21) Toru sold in a load of pricey Jazz and Soul including titles from Donald Byrd, Herbie Hancock, Ann Sexton, Sonny Rollins etc.
22) Scott bought in some pretty cool and rare African LPs - all went straight out on the wall.
23) Really cool Electronica / Techno CD collection featuring loads of classics from artists like Arovane, Carl Craig, The Remote Viewer, Push Button Objects, Aphex Twin, Drexciya, u-Ziq etc.
And thousands more Records and CDs not mentioned !
We've been really making sure the racks are packed at the moment - some sections that are chocka are:
Avant Garde / Noise / Industrial LPs
Library Music LPs
Reggae and Dancehall 45s
Punk / Post-Punk LPs
Plenty more collections on the horizon!
Catch you soon!