Only A Smile
It's going to be a scorcher this weekend, time to get the classics out!
Well, we've been back a week and it certainly feels good. It's been great to see all of the positive reactions to the new shop layout. We're still getting used to the "new normal" but being back at work brings some normality to our lives - and we hope it does to you too!
We've been adding a load of titles to the webshop - and lots more are due to go up. As ever, these titles will be for sale in the shop first and foremost.
The buying this week has been top notch, lets have a look;
1) Around 100 records came in yesterday, from a chap who's uncle had passed away. It's a real mixture of titles but among some of the more Pop hits there are some incredible Jazz, Blues and R&B LPs, EPs and 45s. Several huge rarities from Tubby Hayes, Harold McNair, Stan Tracey, Art Blakey, Jimmy Smith, Miles Davis, Ronnie Scott, Yusef Lateef, James Brown, The Beatles, Chubby Checker etc. A few US Blue Notes, but mostly UK pressings, gorgeous laminate sleeves. Condition is generally very nice too.
2) Huge Industrial and Avant Garde collection - all LPs and 12"s. Some seriously amazing records here, all pretty much Near Mint too! Titles from AMM, Lol Coxhill, Organum, Z'ev, Can, John Cage, Laibach, Current 93, Coil, Nocturnal Emissions, Lustmord, Sonic Youth, Karlheinz Stockhausen etc. Plenty more to come apparently.
3) Some great LPs and CDs from one of our regulars - Dorothy Ashby, Hawkwind, Jazzman comps, Tool, Joshua Abrahams, John Lennon etc.
4) Some good Soul and Jazz LPs including originals from The Fatback Band and Bobbi Humphrey.
5) Some good Classic 60s Beat, Psych and Reggae LPs and 45s (mostly reissues) from Trojan Records artists (including a few 7" box sets), Alton Ellis, Small Faces...
6) Brilliant, Near Mint, Reggae vinyl pile - all originals. Lots of Greensleeves, Trojan and Studio One titles. Records from Eek-A-Mouse, Black Uhuru, Peter Boggs, Dennis Brown, Barrington Levy, Sugar Minott, Scientist, Tristan Palmer, Duke Reid, Desmond Dekker etc.
7) Talking of Reggae Pat sold in some brilliant Reggae, Rocksteady and Ska LPs including several Studio One and Treasure Isle titles. These flew out!
8) We bought some top notch Hardcore and Jungle from Big Vern via Kris. Including a few of his own titles as well as some other pretty rare titles.
9) Big 'ol stack of Japanese CDs - Beach Boys, The Beatles, Eagles etc.
10) An interesting pile of Detroit Techno including CDs and 12"s from Jeff Mills, Octave One, The Black Dog (ok...UK Techno too), Model 500 etc.
11) One of our regular sellers has brought in a hell of a lot of 60s and 70s CDs this week from Bob Dylan, Hawkwind, Edgar Broughton Band, Pink Fairies, Gong, John Martyn, Nick Drake, Fleetwood Mac, Genesis, King Crimson, Atomic Rooster, Roy Harper etc.
12) Toru sold in some excellent Hardcore, Jazz, Disco...including quite a few rare bits!
13) Some great 80s, Post Punk and Indie on vinyl (in amazing shape) from The Chameleons, The Loft, Prince, Siouxsie & The Banshees etc.
14) Large Soul, Funk and Reggae collection (several hundred) of LPs and 12"s. Lots of really nice clean US issues. A few rarities including the Donna Mcghee LP!
Hope you all have a good weekend!