Aloha! And welcome to the latest Reckless Records blog.
This Blog was written to the sounds of
We hope you are all doing well. June has been good to Reckless, we've been nice and busy with lots of buying and selling and extremely cool with our air conditioner even when it was extremely hot outside!
Lets have a look at what we've been buying:
1) Scott bought a big Hip Hop, House, RNB and UK Garage collection. Several thousand titles, loads of big 90s albums and classic 12" singles. Various records from artists like The Notorious BIG, Amerie, Brandy, Roy Davis JR, Daft Punk, Nas, Ron Trent, Common, Public Enemy, TLC, Larry Heard etc. Lots of titles in very nice condition!
2) Scott also bought in a fantastic collection of Reggae 45s which included some super rare and clean titles. They are a mixture of 70s Roots and early 80s Dancehall. The collection included titles from Junior Delgado, Lee Scratch Perry, Icho Candy, Ras Michael & The Songs Of Negus, Augustus Pablo, Ina Kamoze, Barrington Levy, Leeford Hunter, Paul Freeman, Earth & Stone, Carlton & The Shoes, Lacksley Castell, Joe Higgs, Prince Far I, Rising Son, Mighty Travellers etc. It is definitly worth checking the rarer Reggae 45 box behind the counter at the moment.
3) I bought in a really big collection of Noise, Hardcore, Black Metal, Minimal Synth, Techno, Jazz, Hip Hop, Emo/Screamo, Avant Garde etc. It's just over 600 records and featured a real mixture of stuff from MF Doom, Mutilation, Converge, The Shadow Ring, Russian Circles, Sunn O))), Company Flow, Dopplereffekt, DJ Stingray, Lee Morgan, Sun Ra, Poison The Well, Boris, Neurosis, Wolf Eyes, Cannibal OX, Madvillain, Actress, Twelve Hour Turn, Gunmoll, Blatz, DOA, The Dicks, Pinch, Doomriders, Kayo Dot, Rudimentary Peni, Despise You, Portraits Of Past, Indian Summer, Spazz etc. There was also a selection of really obscure Punk and Post Punk from Iceland - all original pressings.
4) Sean bought in a great pile of Classic and Avant Rock from the 60s and 70s - including many favourites including Terry Riley, The Velvet Underground, Moondog, The Grateful Dead, Pink Floyd, Karlheinz Stockhausen, Fairport Convention, Quicksilver Messenger Service, Silver Apples etc.
5) Ben bought in a nice pile off one of our regular sellers which included titles from Ennio Morricone, Godspeed You Black Emperor, Norma Tanega, Lana Del Ray etc.
6) Toru just came back from Japan with loads and loads of brilliant City Pop and Japanese pressings of classic albums - as well as some heavy Japanese Jazz titles! These have been flying out.
7) Ben bought in an amazing selection of Japanese Beat and Psych 45s including some pretty hard to find titles here in the UK from artists like The Mops. As you can imagine these are beautiful looking records!
8) Scott bought in a great selection of Dubstep and Warp Records titles from one seller. This included loads of Deep Medi and the odd DMZ title.
9) Speaking of all that another seller brought in 3 big boxes with loads of great Dubstep, 90s Jungle, Modern Techno/House, Experimental and Jazz including titles from Mgun, Sun Ra, Foul Play, Helm, Tom & Jerry, Joy Orbison, Container, Raime, Theo Parrish, Moodymann, Omni Trio, Emeralds etc.
10) We bought in a huge amount of records from King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard - including lots of rare colour variants.
11) Scott and I bought in a big pile of records which included titles from Nico, Green Day, The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Beatles, Lady Gaga, Deftones, Blink182, Joy Division, Gary Numan, Primal Scream etc.
12) I bought in a huge stack of Modern Indie and Rock (originals and represses) records from one seller including titles from Primal Scream, Ozzy Osbourne, Miles Kane, The National, Janis Ian, Hayseed Dixie, AC/DC, Sleaford Mods etc.
13) I bought a great pile of records off a good pal of mine which included loads of LPs on Argo, Ocora and Folkways as well as some big titles from Grant Green, Raja Zahr, Hatfield & The North, Neil Young, Soft Machine, Randy Weston, Gram Parsons etc.
14) Ben bought in an amazing pile of modern Pop records (including quite a few out of print titles). Lots of sleeve variants and colour vinyl issues from Lana Del Ray, Lorde, Caroline Polachek, Taylor Swift, Billie Eilish, Lady Gaga etc.
15) We also bought loads of brilliant titles from Hawkwind, Cat Stevens, Acen, The Prodigy, Slayer, Type O Negative, Caravan, Jimi Hendrix, Little Simz, Dexter Gordon, The Go-Betweens, Sonic Youth, Velvet Crush, The Fall, Husker Du, The Litter, Joni Mitchell, Max Romeo, The Upsetters, Slim Smith, Depeche Mode, Iron Maiden, Wishbone Ash, Four Tet, Dmitri Shostakovich, Alton Ellis, Charli XCX, Sargeist, Brian Eno, Enslaved, Mac Miller, The Ethiopians, Mad Professor etc.
We've been putting out roughly 3-400 records and CDs out a day recently and some of the sections that have received a lot of attention are
A) RNB / Hip Hop LPs and 12"s
B) Reggae 45s
C) Classic Rock and Prog LPs
D) Indie and 60s 45s
E) Reggae CDs
F) Classic House
G) Soundtracks LPs
H) Punk and Post Punk LPs
I) Synth / Drone and Avant LPs
We have loads of big collections on the horizon so keep an eye on our social media - or better still get yourself down the shop!