Hello from Reckless!
A massive month for us here at Reckless. One of the busiest months we've had for ages - with buying and selling.
This Blog was written to the sounds of
Lets have a look at what we bought this month:
1) I bought a fantastic collection from a very old friend of mine. In the past he had sold us some really amazing CDs (the great Hip Hop CD collection, Black/Death Metal and some excellent Reggae/Ska and Rocksteady CDs) but this time he was selling all of his records. The collection was primarily high quality Audiophile pressings (including plenty of titles on Blue Note/Tone Poet, MFSL, Craft, Pure Pleasure, Verve/Acoustic Sounds, Music On Vinyl etc) and focused heavily on 60s and 70s Rock (Folk, Progressive, Psychedelic, Singer Songwriter) and Jazz. There were also some more modern titles from either current Indie / Psychedelic artists or 90s Noise Rock and Grunge artists like Tad, Screaming Trees, Swans, Soundgarden etc. Some of the nicer titles included were some LPs from Judee Sill, Chet Baker Sings on Tone Poet, some super sough after Led Zeppelin LPs and a highly prized Velvet Underground Box Set. Other artists included Grant Green, Nina Simone, Trees, Comus, Joni Mitchell, Guns N Roses, Fleetwood Mac, Lee Morgan, Ella Fitzgerald, Frank Sinatra, Bert Jansch, Fairport Convention, Tina Brooks, Canned Heat, The Allman Brothers, The Rolling Stones, Pink Floyd, Jimi Hendrix, Traffic, Bob Dylan, Rickie Lee Jones, Big Brother & The Holding Company, Carole King, Marvin Gaye, Herbie Hancock, John Mayall, Anne Briggs, The Beatles, The Kinks, The Byrds, The Who, Van Morrison, Sandy Denny, Townes Van Zandt, Bruce Springsteen, Tom Petty, Cat Stevens, Peggy Lee, Dave Brubeck, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, Can, Ride, Swervedriver, My Bloody Valentine, George Harrison, Liz Phair, Kate Bush, Nick Drake, Nathalie Merchant, Jewel, Gilian Welch, Alanis Morisette, BB King, Muddy Waters, Eva Cassidy, Buddy Guy, John Lee Hooker, Cream, The Zombies, Cocteau Twins, The Smiths, Laura Nyro, Dusty Springfield, Bobbie Gentry, Tim Buckley, Lana Del Ray, Dire Straits, Neil Young, The Runaways, Tori Amos, Jeff Beck, Karen Dalton etc. As you can imagine its an absolutely amazing collection and the titles are selling super quick. Its a really brilliantly curated collection!
2) More Classic Rock titles from a seller this weekend which included titles from Blue Oyster Cult, Hawkwind, Witchsorrow, Black Sabbath, Blackfoot, Fleetwood Mac, Canned Heat etc.
3) Several more lorry loads of Hardcore, Punk, Black Metal, Noise, Avant Garde, Emo, Death Metal and Industrial - thousands of LPs, 12"s, 45s and Cassettes! Some choice titles included a load of Youth Attack Test Pressings, rare Posh Isolation cassettes, Puce Mary cassettes, some great Stoner and Doom from Sleep and High On Fire, some more obscure 70s Avant Garde including a few pricy Swedish LPs, Catharsis LPs, The Shadow Ring titles..
4) Great Avant Rock and Avant Garde records from The Velvet Underground, John Cage, Steve Reich, Can, Harold Budd, Morton Feldman, Terry Riley, Grateful Dead, La Monte Young, Karlheinz Stockhausen, The Beatles, Muddy Waters, Cornelius Cardew, Brian Jones & The Master Musicians Of Jajouka etc.
5) A member of staff is still selling in their collection - this month there were lots of great titles from Dexter Gordon, Sonny Rollins, King Tubby, Black Flag, Walt Mink, Sonic Youth, Clifford Brown, Dinosaur JR, Tad, The Beatles, Augustus Pablo, Minutemen, Husker Du, My Bloody Valentine, The Lemonheads etc. Some really brilliant records going out!
5) A nice range of ECM CDs.
6) Several decent collections of Prince stuff.
7) Some cool CDs from Scott Walker, The Jook, Nuggets boxes, Dr Who stuff.
8) Toru sold in some cool Acid Techno, LPs from James Brown, Alfa Mist, Cymande, Donald Byrd, Art Blakey, Arve Henriksen, Freddie Hubbard, Carl Craig, Billie Holliday, Kenny Dope, Charles Tolliver, Kool & The Gang, More Japanese press Jazz LPs, Keith Tippett....
9) Big ol' stack of Soundtracks including The Godfather, Bullett, The Blues Brothers (colour vinyl!), some nice Goblin ones and quite a few Morricones.
10) 50 nice Soul and Funk Tapes from Marvin Gaye, Diana Ross, Salsoul Comps, Patrice Rushen etc.
11) Hundreds of Soul and Funk LPs including a lot of nice US pressings.
12) Big stack of Warp titles.
13) Some decent Britpop vinyl from Ian Brown, Oasis, Kasabian, Ocean Colour Scene etc.
14) Several hundred decent CDs from Steel Pulse, Ry Cooder, The Beatles, Wilco, Grateful Dead, My Bloody Valentine etc.
15) Some nice Japanese CDs from Bob Dylan and Syd Barrett.
16) Some Jazz and Avant CDs from Can, Thelonious Monk, Boris, Miles Davis, Charlie Mingus etc.
17) More great Punk Rock and Garage revival including LPs and 45s from The Donnas, Rudimentary Peni, Gluecifer, Government Issue, Drive By Truckers, Hellacopters, Verbal Assault, Bad Brains etc.
18) Loads of new titles and new reissues from The Weeknd, Nirvana, Vangelis, Harry Styles, Morrissey, Fleetwood Mac etc.
19) More Classic Rock - hundreds - from another seller.
20) Some great modern Classical and Ambient CDs from a regular seller including a few sought after titles from Brian Eno and The KLF.
21) A decent Jazz collection that featured several hundred LPs from artists like Tubby Hayes, Duke Ellington, John Coltrane, Yusef Lateef etc.
22) A mixed bag of CDs from another seller including titles from Unleashed, Pungent Stench, Funkadelic, Earthless etc.
23) 40 Minimal House and Minimal Techno 12"s.
24) More Rock vinyl from The Stooges, The Doors, Talking Heads, L7, The Clash etc.
25) 250 Hip Hop and RNB LPs and 12"s.
26) More Rock from The Beatles, Elton John Led Zeppelin, Nazareth, David Bowie, Queen, Blondie, Abba, Simon & Garfunkel, Bruce Springsteen, Dire Straits etc.
27) 30 Reggae and Dancehall 45s.
28) Some decent LPs from The Afghan Wigs, Frank Zappa, Peter Gabriel, Leonard Cohen etc.
29) Some excellent CDs from Brian Eno, Moodymann, the OHM Box set etc from one regular seller.
30) Lots of great titles from another regular seller including loads of ECM LPs, Karlheinz Stockhausen, Ginger Baker, Can, Ramones (Signed!), Sanford Clark, Vulcans, Kenny Wheeler, The Kinks, The Band etc.
31) Interesting LPs and 12"s from Idris Muhammed, Bunny Wailer, Dillinger, The Doors, Masters At Work, Joni Mitchell, Milton Nascimento and Nina Simone.
32) Rather odd combo of LPs including the Shrek Soundtrack on colour vinyl, Sonic Youth, Flying Lotus, Jimi Hendrix, Sarah Vaughn, Joni Mitchell, Gang Starr, Tame Impala etc.
33) More cool LPs and CDs from Tangerine Dream, Blossom Toes, Jade Warrior, Spirit, Grateful Dead etc...
Plenty of interesting titles have gone out this month too:
1) Really clean Reggae 45s - including lots of UK pressings in almost unplayed condition
2) Soundtrack LPs
3) Good Looking Records 12"s and LPs
4) Classic Rock vinyl
5) Hardcore / Noise / Punk / Black Metal / Avant Garde LPs and Tapes
6) Jazz LPs - including lots of Blue Notes
7) Audiophile LPs
8) Indie Rock LPs
9) Soul and Funk 45s
10) Disco 12"s
11) Classic Metal and Hard Rock LPs
12) New House and Techno
13) Some 90s Techno - including loads of Euro titles
14) ECM Cds
15) Beatles related LPs and 45s
We are still putting several hundred LPs/45s/CDs out everyday so its always worth popping in TTFN