Its the slightly late January Blog post
This Blog post was written to the sounds of:
Hope you are all well, lets have a look at the buying last month:
1) I purchased around 1500 records from a lock up in Wimbledon from an absolutely lovely chap who used to work in the dance music industry. The collection was around 1000 dance records - including House, Trance, Breakbeat, Downtempo, Rave and some Garage. Pretty much all of it was unplayed, and a lot of copies had all of the promos sheets with them too. Lots of really classic tunes like Lady, Gabrielle, Big Love, One More Time etc. Nice to see in this condition! The non Dance records were really good too: David Bowie, The Sea Urchins, Gong, My Bloody Valentine, Joni Mitchell, Led Zeppelin, Sex Pistols, Hawkwind, Motorhead, Happy Mondays, Joy Division, Bob Marley, Lou Reed, Iggy Pop, Kraftwerk, Donovan, Yellow Magic Orchestra, The Clash, Miles Davis etc. I also bought a big crate of Fantazia cassettes - all House ones though!
2) After the chap from the previous collection generously drove me down the road to another collection in his open top jeep I was happy to find exactly what I wanted from speaking to them on the phone. Around 500 brilliant 92-93 Hardcore and Jungle 12"s - in really nice condition. So many really brilliant 12"s, including lots of stamped white labels. Some real classics from Bizzy B, Morphosis, Acen, Remarc, Kemical Kids, Ed Rush, Dillinja, Sub Love, Fast Floor, Jack & Phil, Brainkillers, Doc Scott, Manix...I also bought a few hundred Classic Rock and Prog titles including some fairly hard to find LPs from Badfinger, Uriah Heep, Nucleus, Soft Machine, Pink Floyd etc. Plus I bought a few hundred dead stock Punk and New Wave singles by the band A.D. 1984 that belonged to the chap who had the Prog and Rock LPs.
3) 30 Reggae LPs from one seller - including Joe Gibbs, Trinity, Scientist, Tappa Zukie, Marcia Griffiths.
4) 200 Classic Rock and New Wave LPs came in - including some really nice copies of lots of classics from The Cure, Elton John, Sade, Pink Floyd, The Doors, The Rolling Stones, New Order, Simon & Garfunkel, Matching Mole etc.
5) A good pal of mine was up and sold in a load of good Punk and Experimental stuff including LPs, CDs and 7"s. Titles from Broadcast, Crass, The Saints, Legendary Pink Dots, BBC Radiophonic Workshop, The Pop Group etc.
6) Toru sold in loads of great LPs from John Surman, Don Cherry, Rashid Ali, Larry Marshall, Miroslav Vitous etc
7) A Bucketload of cheap Drum & Bass.
8) Some rough and ready - but cheap Classic Rock from The Beatles, Deep Purple, John Mayall etc.
9) Some great LPs from The Dream Syndicate, R.E.M., The Soft Boys, Rain Parade etc.
10) Cracking mixture of Tapes, Vinyl and CDs including titles from Ini Kamoze, Wayne Jarrett, Mo Tucker, Jethro Tull, George Harrison, Orange Juice etc.
11) A really nice collection from someone who used to work for Blast First including loads of pretty rare and unusual LPs and 12"s from Sonic Youth, Head Of David, Roland S Howard, Lydia Lunch, The Birthday Party.
12) Some decent Rap CDs from The Notorious BIG, Geto Boys, A Tribe Called Quest, Nas, Pete Rock, UGK etc.
13) 20 or so Rap LPs and 12"s including MF Doom, Schooly D, Kool Keith, Method Man etc.
14) 20 CDs and a few LPs from Pink Floyd, Throbbing Gristle, New York Dolls, Suicide etc.,
15) More classic LPs from Fleetwood Mac, Santana, The Stone Roses, Jimi Hendrix etc.
16) Ben bought an excellent Rock and Psychedelia collection - around 200 LPs comprising of titles from The Beatles, Fotheringay, Van Morrison, Grateful Dead, The Rolling Stones, Joni Mitchell, Cream, Neil Young etc. Really nice copies and all originals!
17) A cracking collection including LPs from Brian Eno, Serge Gainsbourg, Harmonia, Keith Tippett, Scott Walker, Archie Shepp etc.
We're out at a few collections today so check theres plenty more coming in!
Till next week!