Hello dear readers,
this blog was written to the sounds of:
Another month over and it feels like we've got the shop a lot closer to what we wanted pre Covid. Theres so many good records and CDs out. We've had some excellent buying - and stuffs been selling dead quickly again. Some slightly quieter days as is to be expected - and its never been too busy (we still exercise a limited customer amount so that we can maintain social distancing).
We've been to a few collections and had a tonne of stuff coming in - we've also been offered a lot of collections for the future.
Here's a breakdown of some of the bits that have come in since the last blog post.
1) I bought a big Reggae and Dub collection - around 2000 LPs, 12"s, 7"s and a few hundred CDs. Lots of really amazing records - mostly original issues - either Jamaican or UK generally. Whilst his favourite music was Dub he had a lot of Roots Reggae, Rocksteady, Ska, Lovers and Dancehall. To give you some idea how much he loved Dub there were nearly 500 Dub LPs. Augustus Pablo was definitely a favourite (snap!) as theres a huge box of Pablo related bits. Titles from Hugh Mundell, King Tubby, Scientist, Jackie Mittoo, Bob Marley, Derrick Harriott, Rupie Edwards, 4th Street Orchestra, Tappa Zukie, U Roy, Marcia Griffiths, Aswad, The Revolutionaries, Lee Perry, Freddie McKay, Jah Thomas, Mikey Dread, I Roy, Mad Professor, Jah Shaka, Bunny Wailer, The Aggrovators, Big Youth, Tommy McCook, Jah Woosh, Culture, Enos McCloud, Yabby You, Prince Buster, Glen Brown, John Holt, Sylford Walker, Gregory Isaacs etc. There were some especially rare Dub LPs from Tradition and The Ja-Man All Stars. I've probably got about a third of the LPs and 12"s out. I aim to get some of the singles out when I am back.
2) Some Soul, Funk and Reggae came in for Scott - a few decent bits from Eek-A-Mouse, Roy Ayers, Tommy McCook, Chic etc.
3) Sean bought in a great stack of Rock and Indie LPs from Eddie Vedder (the classic Into The Wild Soundtrack), Foo Fighters, Wooden Shjips, Beth Orton, Love, The Donnas, Radiohead, Mellow Candle, Richard Hawley, Blur etc.
4) Some more Industrial and Post Punk LPs and 12"s came in - including titles from S.P.K., Throbbing Gristle, Savage Republic, Severed Heads, Fad Gadget, Chris & Cosey, Can, The Human League...
5) Ben bought in a great selection of King Crimson titles. Whilst they were slightly less desirable US issues they did include the half speed mastered issues. Very nice. Plus some KC related titles including Bruford and Giles, Giles & Fripp.
6) Ben also bought in some excellent LPs from the following: Girls At Our Best, The Runaways, Accept, Radiohead, James Yorkston, Tindersticks, John Carpenter, Blanck Mass, Zomby, Ty Segall, Conny Plank, Screaming Trees, Bonnie Prince Billy, The Pixies, Hot Chip, The National, Arctic Monkeys, Syd Barrett, Nick Cave, The Dead Weather, Roots Manuva, Efterklang, Balam Acab, Savages, Lush, Grimes etc.....blimey!
Thousands more came in too!!!
And recently - whats gone out:
1) A load more NZ and Australian Psych and Garage - all original issues! Some insanely rare 45s! Titles from The Links, The Elois, Masters Apprentice, The In Crowd, The Wild Colonials, The Missing Links, Tom Thumb, The Moods etc. These were left over from the huge batch we had last year.
2) Reggae REGGAE REEEGGAAEEE!!!! Loads of great titles went out - and are selling fast!
3) Hip Hop CDs - from two different collections - 90s and backpack.
4) Indie Rock 45s - loads of great ones (Postcard, NZ, Britpop ETC).
5) Jazz - tonnes of Jazz as ever.
6) Soul & Funk vinyl.
7) Some excellent miscellaneous 45s - including a UK demo of "Oh Caroline" by Matching Mole - surely one of the best songs of all time?
Tonnes more to go out so watch this space!!!!