An amazing Rap collection - and much more!
Greetings from Reckless!
This Blog was written to the sounds of:
It's been pretty busy at casa Reckless this last week or so: both buying and selling. We've stopped selling online (apart from Reckless Records label releases and Merch) for the time being as we've just found we want to focus on the shop. There are still 250-500 new records and CDs going out everyday. Lets have a look at what we've been buying:
1) The most exciting collection recently has to be the Rap / Hip Hop / Electro collection Scott bought on the Greater London / Kent border. About 10 huge bags of stonking NM or EX LPs and 12"s - pretty much all in shrink with Hype Stickers where they had them. Most of the titles can't have been played more than once. Some of the cream titles were a basically perfect Ready To Die first press (again in shrink etc), Comptons Most Wanted, Showbiz and AG, Nas 'Illmatic' - all first pressings. There are some really hard to find Random Rap and Electro 12"s too. These have started absolutely flying out - it'll be hard to find copies as nice as these for some time.
2) We bought a nice collection of modern LPs and Reissues from someone, I think it was around 1000 titles. All in nice nick, artists like: Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Air, PJ Harvey, Pearl Jam, Nine Inch Nails, Husker Du, Foals, Sonic Youth, Hot Chip, Aphex Twin, Boards Of Canada, Coldplay, Nirvana, Mac Demarco, Beach Boys, Wu Tang Clan, Dizzee Rascal, Godspeed You Black Emperor, Lemon Jelly etc.
3) Ben bought a brilliant Classic Rock / Indie / Psych / Americana collection - a big people carrier full! Lots and lots of super good records - including some really hard to find titles by massive artists. Plenty of stuff from The Who, Beach Boys, Bruce Springsteen, Captain Beefheart, Fairport Convention, R.E.M., Led Zeppelin, Neil Young, Joni Mitchell, Pentangle, The Byrds, Steely Dan, The Blue Nile, Flaming Groovies, The Clash, Sandy Denny, Sonic Youth, Depeche Mode, Cream, Van Dyke Parks, David Bowie, Swervedriver, Yardbirds etc. Loads of this has gone out but its gonna keep going for ages.
4) One of our regular customers has been selling us loads of records. A mixture of Soul, Jazz, RnB, Hip Hop, Reggae and some Electronic stuff: lots of Jazzman, Warp, modern British Jazz, Lee Scratch Perry, On-U-Sound, Impulse! Records, Alice Coltrane, Pete Rock & CL Smooth, Fela Kuti etc. There are loads of titles, and they are coming in a few times a week at least.
5) Tom bought in a pile of really rare CDs and DVDs - all from The Residents!
6) I bought in some more modern LPs from The 1975, Jamie T, Foals, Arctic Monkeys, Ben Howard, The Beatles, The Clash, Pink Floys, David Bowie - all modern reissues.
7) Kris bought in some nice 80s and 90s Alternative titles from Slowdive, Cocteau Twins, Dead Can Dance, Om, Stereolab etc.
8) Plenty of Classic Rock and Pop from Eagles, Abba, Queen etc came in from one seller.
9) I've bought in several piles of great records from a friend of mine which included: Lyrichord, Ocora, Kate Buch, Patrick McMahon, Nic Jones, Vangelis, Fatu Gayflor, Ramon Pyrome, Jimmy Blanche etc.
10) An odd selection from another seller: Watersons, The Pharcyde, Heptones, The Doors, Dave Clarke etc.
11) A nice selection of good Rock / Punk / New Wave - including The Clash, The Damned, The Cult, The Cure, Queen, The Beatles, Joy Division etc.
12) A load of Studio One 45s
13) Another regular seller sold us a load of Jazz including titles from Wolfgang Dauner, St Germain, Al Foster etc.
14) The Police 45 Singles pack
15) More new titles from Muse, Nirvana, Radiohead, Guns N Roses, Red Hot Chili Peppers etc.
16) A Big selection of House, Techno and Grime
17) Some nice titles on Warp, Bola, Skam, Echo & The Bunnyman, David Bowie, LFO etc.
18) More Hip Hop CDs
19) A load of Polish pressings of Classic Rock and Pop
20) New reissues from Oasis, Black Keys, Lumineers, Nirvana etc
21) Selection of titles from Aretha Franklin, Alan Hawkshaw, Carly Simon (the amazing Why 12"), Dale Hawkins etc.
22) A load of David Bowie Japanese pressing CDs
23) A small but nice Folk collection with LPs from Fairport Convention, Steeleye Span, Fotheringay, Hedgehog Pie, Cast Stevens etc.
24) Avant / Electronic selection with titles from Frak, Vincent Gallo, Onehotrix Point Never, Anthony Braxton etc
25) More 4AD CDs
26) Some great CDs from Prince, KRS One, Miles Davis, Herbie Hancock etc.
27) 60's and 70s stuff including another White Album, Scott Walker, The Hollies, Jimi Hendrix, Creedence etc.
We've updated the Reckless Records label shop on the website, check it here: