My Mum is one of the reasons I love music so much I reckon – always used to play me sick records as I used to play with Soldiers. I remember she used to be really into the White Noise LP and the soundtrack to 2001. I have found tonnes of cool records in her collection over the years: Karlheinz Stockhausen, loads of French EPs, Igginsbottoms Wrench, Shirley Collins….She loves music and can often be found at gigs in Broadstairs at either the Folk Festival or the Blues Bash. Thanks for doing this Mum you are the best!!!!
1. While my Guitar Gently Weeps George Harrison the first and best to be played very loud in a large space to swoon and dance to.
2. Maybe Tomorrow Stereophonics played loudly with the windows and doors open on a sunny day and sing along with
3. NW Niteworks for crazy outdoors dancing in the middle of the night I first saw this amazing group of musicians at Celtic Connections in Glasgow and was hooked
4. Telephone Line ELO sing along with this and you can’t be sure your lungs get a work out…mine do
5. Crazy Man Michael Fairport Convention takes me back just beautiful and reminds me of lovely hedgerows
6. The Sun Aint gonna shine anymore The Walker Bros that beautiful hunk Scot Walker ‘s voice takes me back to climbing cliffs in Cornwall and going down the tin mines with my dancette record player
7.Bob Dylan Like a Rolling Stone singing in the pub with lots of people!
8.Roy Orbison Crying have to have this as always good to play when you need a damn good boo but to be played loudly so one can be very expressive
9.Tubular Bells Mike Oldfield all of it just because I listened to it constantly when I was a student in Brighton!AND still love it.
10.Thin Lizzy Whiskey in the Jar love love love oh dear again I love playing this early in the morning on a sunny summers day dancing around the kitchen and singing!