Feral Vibrations Top Ten
Feral Vibrations‘ Sam and Jenna are good friends of ours and now live in Canterbury (Sams hometown) where they have started doing Radio and doing nights in a city where it is super hard to put something decent on. We DJ’d at the last event and it was really fun – and quite gnarly too!
They played a mixture of music from Tropicalia to Bongo-led jams to Italo Disco.
A mix of what I’m currently listening to and long standing favourites in no real order, some of which you definitely won’t hear when we play out.
1. BWH – Stop/Livin’ Up – wirling piano driven stomper to make you fall in love with the world
2. Gaznevada – Special Agent Man – Killer record, especially
the female version.
3. Jerry’s Kids – Is This My World? – blew my mind apart the first time I heard this. Drums sound like someone put a cat in a metal bin, good stuff.
4. Sandy Denny – The North Star Grassmen and The Ravens -struggle to think of a more beautiful opener to an album or voice.
5. Jackie Moore – This Time Baby – A current disco obsession, out to Jim at Canterbury Rock for providing!
6. Barrington Levy – Shaolin Temple – shout out to my mum.
7. Valerie Dore – Get Closer – introspective banger with super strange vocals in places.
8. Hawkwind – Space Ritual – the greatest live record of all time, from the cosmic warlords.
9. Hugh Masekela – Don’t Go Lose It Baby (Hot African Mix) a certified floor filler, I will always play this.
10. Bolt Thrower – War Master – Karl from
Bolt Thrower follows me on Twitter and we talked about Microsoft Excel for a bit, went for a pint with someone I know too. Nice bloke.
Loyce e Os Gnomos – Era uma nota de 50 cruzeiros
The Girls- Rocket for Girls
Los Hijos del Sol- Cariñito
Tony Galla – In Love
La Freda Acida – Danza Negra
Dani- La Machine
Teddy and his Patches – Suzy Creamcheese
The Chob – We’re Pretty Quick
Vis-a-Vis – Obi Agye Me Dofo