Yo from Reckless!
This Blog was written to the sounds of::
Mad week! Lets get goin….
This is what we bought:
- Scott bought another massive Dance collection – over a thousand titles. Late 80s, early 90s Chicago and Detroit, 80s US original Electro. Loads of rarities and amazing records. I haven’t actually seen this collection as I am off with a mashed up back but believe me Scott sounded happy about it.
- Loads of Reggae LPs and 12″s – mixture of Roots, Dub, Lovers, Dancehall, Rocksteady – loads of originals. Generally pretty good condition too – with titles from Black Uhuru, Nicodemus, Barrington Levy, Alton Ellis, Peter Chemist, Jah Shaka, Johnny Osbourne, Carlton & The Shoes, Freddy McKay, Freddie McGregor, Courtney Melody, Al Campbell, Horace Andy. All the right stuff. Plenty of Wackies titles too. Roughly 200 titles all together.
- A good pal of mine brought in just under 100 records over the weekend. Tonnes of great and weird oddities – as well as loads of new (in the last few years anyway) Reggae reissues. Lots of reissues of really rare £100+ tunes – from Dancehall to Roots. As well as those there were a lot of Ambient, Jazz, Prog Rock, Kosmiche, Modern Classical and Avant Garde titles. Very nice! Some notable titles from Horace Tapscott, Eek-A-Mouse, Carlton & The Shoes, Alpha & Omega etc.
- Another pal who comes in every Monday brought in a top notch stack with several Stereolab originals, a few Punk 45s, Throbbing Gristle and Afrobeat CDs, Psych comps and a few DIY Industrial LPs, Also LPs from AMM, Terry Knight and the Swell Maps.
- And yet another pal brought in some sick records for cash – and ended up taking mostly trade (due to there being a lot of dope records in the shop atm). Several underground Avant Rock, DIY, Ambient titles. Some were really rare. I’ll put them up on our Instagram when they go out.
- With all the Reggae vinyl coming in it was nice to have some Reggae CDs come in – and quality ones too. Loads of Blood & Fire and that kind of gear came in this week too.
- More bits came in from another regular seller: Numero titles, William Onyeabour, Deep House, Shackleton, Raime, Answer Code Request etc. Real mixture.
- Nice bit of Indie/Folk came in from one seller: Bert Jansch, Jean Claude Vannier, Isobell Campbell, Arctic Monkeys, Dransfields etc.
- Some cool CDs from one seller: Ace titles, Psych comps, Ramones, Gravy Train, Them etc.
- Lots of new Electro Poppy vinyl from artists like Fever Ray, Robyn, Kylie Minogue, The Knife, Simple Minds, Royksopp, Moby. All clean as a whistle or sealed. Some rare bits.
- Gnarly Drum & Bass as always – this time: Source Direct (including various aliases), Moving Shadow and Certificate 18 titles.
- Plenty of random Classic Rock LPs from Led Zeppelin, Hawkwind, Kate Bush, Jethro Tull, Captain Beefheart, The Beatles, Queen, The Smiths, Thin Lizzy, Abba, Eric Clapton etc.
- Serious Heavy Metal on CD – including full runs of Iron Maiden, Megadeth, Judas Priest and Slayer.
- Lots of New House and Techno. As ever going out seriously cheap.
- First press Dark Side of The Moon by Pink Floyd came in with a few other rare bits including a Japanese Bruce Springsteen 45 that is very sought after.
Loads of wicked bits have gone out this week
A) Hundreds of 45s – Psych, Folk, Oddities, Rock/Pop, Anarcho Punk, Rap, Soul, Reggae. All across the board
B) Classic Rock vinyl – including tonnes of big ones.
C) Reggae LPs and 12″s
D) Soul/Funk LPs
E) Death/Black Metal CDs
F) Jazz CDs and Vinyl
G) Indie Rock Vinyl
H) Heavy Metal Vinyl
I) Drum & Bass Vinyl
J) Loads more House & Techno 12″s and LPs
Plenty more collections coming up in the next few weeks watch this space! Also watch out for our special new window display which was illustrated by our friend Edwin Pouncey aka Savage Pencil!
This week we have a Top Ten by one of my absolute favourites…!
Yes thats right its Tommy Stupid AKA Klute!!!!
Imagine being in one of the greatest UKHC bands ever as well as making some of the most forward thinking killer Drum & Bass of all time? Over to you Tom!
Thanks so much Tom!
And thanks to you for reading!
Till next week