This Blog was written to the sounds of..
- Really great Industrial/Avant/Post Punk collection, around 300 LPs and 12″s. Generally great condition – records from SPK, Coil, Cabaret Voltaire, Bushido, Slab, Controlled Bleeding, Foetus, Ornette Coleman, Sun Ra, Merzbow, Swans, 23 Skidoo, Can, Throbbing Gristle, Chris Carter, Robert Haigh, Sleep Chamber, Chris & Cosey etc. There are also a few wild Avant Prog LPs from artists like the Art Bears and a lot of LPs from the Czech Republic.
- One of my pals popped in and sold in 100 great CDs (as well as about 30 LPs and 45s). The CDs were absolutely top notch; Northern Soul, Freakbeat, Hardcore, OOP 80s Soul, Punk, Thrash Metal, Rap, Ska, Indie Rock. Some great titles from Wimple Winch, Irma Thomas, SS Decontrol, Bathory, 23rd Turnoff, Tubby Hayes, The Dils, The Kinks, Attak, July, Coil, Ennio Morricone etc. Loads of wild things.
- I was out at a pals house early last week who had a big clear out and sold us around 300 Avant Garde LPs (with bits of Dub, Classical, Hardcore, Free Jazz, Noise, Prog, Psych you name it). Lots of great LPs – check the Avant Section as soon as you possibly can!!!!!!
- Another good friend came up from Kent today with around 55 LPs – Reggae, Psych, Punk, Post Punk, Minimal Synth yada yada – The Deep Freeze Mice, The Skatalites, The Cortinas, Throbbing Gristle, Spherical Objects, Can, Link Wray, Capital Punishment, Piero Umilani, Cockney Rejects, Chrome, Harmonia, BBC Radiophonic Workshop, Augustus Pablo, The Leaves, The Residents, Thomas Leer…you get the idea. Some class material here thats fo sure!
- Toru went on a brief trip to Japan and brought back some great LPs from Tubby Hayes, Billy Cobham, Tatsu Yamashita, John Coltrane, Kev Marimura, Yellow Magic Orchestra, Chet Baker, Miles Davis, Al Johnson, Pete La Roca, Art Ensemble Of Chicago, Oliver Nelson, Albert Ayler, Bill Evans, Zoot Sims and many more.
- More nice Reggae from another new regular seller: Junior Delgado, Delton Screechie, Gregory Isaacs, Half Pint, Freddie McGregor, Bob Marley, Augustus Pablo, Prince Jammy, Wailing Souls, Big Youth, Rita Marley, Toots & The Maytals, Sugar Minnott, Anthony Red Rose, Tenor Saw etc. They also sold in a load of Soul but they were all cheap titles.
- I sold a nice pile of Jungle and Hardcore including the amazing DJ Demo “Essence” EP, The Invisible Man, Mickey Finn, Ellis Dee, DJ Crystl, Omni Trio, Remarc, Force & Styles and a few more. Some proper classics!!!
- Ben bought a great pile of Classic Rock LPs and 12″s from Iron Maiden, Jimi Hendrix, The Doors, Pink Floyd, Kiss, Black Sabbath and more. Generally either 1st pressings or very early.
- Ben also sold in some records including some Pebbles comps, Mac Demarco, Fleetwood Mac, The Novi Singers and more.
- Tom bought in a signed Johnny Marr 45 along with David Bowie and Pink Floyd box sets.
- Rare first pressings from Led Zeppelin and The Academy. I’d not seen The Academy LP before – which is from 1969 and on Morgan Blue Town.
- 70 TOP LPs from one seller including Beth Gibbons (from Portishead), Monster Magnet, David Bowie, John Cale, Yardbirds, Dukes Of Stratosfear, Pink Floyd and loads more great stuff.
- Some decent classic CDs from Depeche Mode, The Pixies, Swervedriver, Kyuss, Napalm Death, Queens Of The Stone Age etc.
- LPs and 12″s from The Pixies, Moses Boyd, Janes Addiction, DJ Shadow and several titles on Ghostly International from another seller.
- Some decent CDs (about 50 0f them) including Special Editions etc from Emerson Lake and Palmer, Chicken Shack, Ramones and the Flamin Groovies.
- Another large pile of Reggae LPs and 12″s from Augustus Pablo, King Kong, Sanchez, Sly & Robbie, Trinity etc.
- More great Pop and Rock LPs from Lana Del Ray (a big box set!), New Order, Sonic Youth etc.
- Some interesting CDs from Art Ensemble Of Chicago, 13th Floor Elevators and Frank Zappa.
- Lots more Classic Rock including clean titles from one seller that included David Bowie, Abba, Simon & Garfunkel, Elton John, The Beatles and T Rex.
- Some great Dance/Jazz CDs including titles from Commix, Robert Hood, Sun Ra, Ed Rush, DJ Stingray…
- Dennis sold in a decent Neurosis LP along with titles from Avril Lavigne, Zion Train and Green Day.
- Some big bog Hip Hop (etc) LPs from The Streets, Nas, 2Pac, DMX, Lil Jon, Timbaland etc.
- Kris sold in some Classic cassettes including titles from The Specials, The Smiths, Peter Gabriel, The Rolling Stones and Madonna.
- Someone sold in a load of interesting LPs and
- CDs which consisted of mainly Psych, Soul and Experimental reissues.
- A trio of LPs from Aziymuth.
- Big bunch of tatty David Bowie and Queen LPs.
- Some hard to find modern Indie and Emo from My Chemical Romance, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Manic Street Preachers, King Krule etc.
- Two original Van Morrison LPs (Astral Weeks and Moondance). UK originals that just don’t come in that much.
- More Rock, Hip Hop and Indie CDs from Nick Drake, Julia Holter, Kanye West, Grimes, Parquet Courts, Jesus & Mary Chain etc.
- Big batch of CDs on Cherry Red as well as titles from Mick Ronson and a load of interesting compilation CDs.
- More random LPs fro, Eloy, Dennis Brown, Earl Cunningham, The Skatalites, George Benson, Scientist, Clint Eastwood, Alabama 3, Nina Simone, Leonard Cohen, Atlas Sound, Pere Ubu, Terry Riley, Billy Joel, Beach Boys, Sigur Ros, Allan Holdsworth, Yma Sumac, NOFX, Linval Thompson, Marvin Gaye, Kenny Drew, Pearl Jam, Eminem, Ike Turner etc.
Apart from a large amount of the above – this is whats gone out this week…
A) Indie 45s
B) Metal LPs
C) CD Box Sets
D) ECM CDs
E) Dancehall 45s
F) Soul/Funk/Disco vinyl
G) Classic Rock vinyl
H) Reggae LPs and 12″s
I) Avant and Modern Composition LPs
K) More Rap CDs
L) Batch of old Record Store Day 12″s, LPs and 45s.
M) Still finding more great 90s Techno!
Static Shock this weekend! You can catch Chris and Pat playing Hardcore and Jungle at New River Studios Saturday night around 12.30-2am.