This Blog was written to the sounds of this fantastic Radio Show by the always top notch Emmet Keane.
Perfect music for the grey day down on the Kent coast!
As ever, it was a busy week here at Reckless, with the weekend being rather exceptional for this time of year.
Lets have a look at what came in:
- Small but perfect New Wave / Punk / Post Punk collection of 45s and 12″s. Nearly everything very first pressing variation, and nearly everything in almost brand new condition. Everything was carefully taped and filed. Titles from The Cure, Sex Pistols, John Cooper Clark, The Stranglers, Siouxsie & The Banshees, The Clash, Blondie, UK Subs, Elvis Costello, The Ruts, Talking Heads, X Ray Spex, The Skids, Sham 69, The Lurkers, Richard Hell & The Voidoids, Young Marble Giants, 999, Buzzcocks, The Slits, XTC, Pure Hell etc.
- Toru sold in an awful lot of Japanese LPs that he bought when he was in Japan recently, including plenty of very sought after titles. Titles from Tatsuro Yamashita, Yuko Asano etc.
- A small pile of Disco and Boogie UK 12″s came in, from someone who worked at a record label in the 70s (so everything was unplayed!). There were a few rarities including one big one from Chris Gilbey.
- Plenty of good Reggae CDs came in including some from The Mighty Diamonds, U Roy, Derrick Harriott, Burning Spear etc,
- I had to sell a large case of records which included loads of Ethnographic LPs (Folkways etc), Stereolab, Ras Michael, Black Witchery, Hawkwind, Probot, Nino Nardini, Temple Of The Dog, Yoko Ono, Bobby Thurston, John Etnier, Muslimgauze, Steve Reich, Freddie McGregor, Christopher Hewie etc.
- An old friend from the MVE days sold in a big batch of CDs and Vinyl – mostly 60’s gear from Freakbeat to Soul to Psych to Popcorn. Some Rhino handmade CDs, some Tim Buckley and plenty more.
- Big pile of Indie 45s came in including nice titles from Panda Bear, Arab Strap, Manic Street Preachers and Sufjan Stevens.
- Huge pile of LPs on the Strut label. From Funk to Afrobeat to Post Punk.
- More interesting African LPs including one rare one from Bibi Mascel.
- Tom sold in a few piles of great Punk and Hardcore including LPs and 45s from Raw Power, Career Suicide, Und Bestia Incontrolable, Ratos De Porao, Cut The Sh*t, Das Oath, Off With Their Heads, Among The Missing, What Price Wonderland, Reel Big Fish, Save Ferris and Jeffries Fan Club (he assured me those last few artists were all records he had doubles of).
- Couple of massive vinyl box sets from Lou Reed/Metallica and the big Iron Maiden one.
- Large clean pile of very standard Soul/Funk/Disco – but in lovely condition!
- One very nice and interesting CD collection featuring rarities from Dopplereffekt, R.E.M., Tindersticks and William Basinski.
- Loads of sealed Moby and M83 LPs.
- Ben was out at a collection which was all classic gear: The Cure, Depeche Mode, New Order, X Ray Spex, Queen, The Rolling Stones, Prince, Kraftwerk etc. In nice condition too!
- Going back a bit some nice 45s from The Beatles and Bill Haley.
- Sean bought a decent small Classic Rock collection with titles from Led Zeppelin, The Rolling Stones, Pink Floyd, Jimi Hendrix, The Beatles etc.
- Great pile of Indie LPs came in with titles from Richard Dawson, Finders Keepers Records, Low, The National, Jon Hopkins, King Gizzard etc.
- About 6 UK Dub and Steppers LPs.
- Lots of reissue LPs from James Carr, The Pretty Things, Lou Donaldson, Mani Dubango, Jane Weaver, Small Faces etc.
- Plenty more Jazz CDs on the Act label.
- Some Jazz/Fusion/Rock LPs from Santana, Don Ellis, Miles Davis, Dizzy Gillespie, Thelonious Monk etc.
- More CDs (including box sets) and records from a newish regular seller including tonnes of Cumbia, The Residents colour vinyl LP, big Psych CD box sets, Jimi Hendrix LPs, Al Green, more Blues vinyl. Nuggets, The Byrds, Beach Boys, Steely Dan etc.
- Some more modern Punk/Metal CDs from At The Drive In, Meshuggah, Botch, Mastodon etc.
- Another old friend popped in with a great pile of LPs from Stereolab, Tops, Sebastian Tellier, Deerhunter, Courtney Barrett, The Posies, Susu Saiz (the amazing compilation on Music From Memory), Beat Happening, Ryuichi Sakamoto, Floating Points, Tindersticks etc.
We put a hell of a lot of Vinyl and Cds out this week too:
A) Classic Rock – loads of it!!!
B) Hip Hop CDs – hundreds!
C) Nigerian LPs – I sat in the basement for hours playing them all through and cleaning them.
D) More Japanese LPs
E) More House and Techno!
F) Indie Rock 45s
G) Madonna titles
H) Avant LPs
I) Jazz CDs
J) Punk / Hardcore 45s (Including a Headcleaners single)
K) Blues vinyl
L) Loads of Jazz LPs
M) Soul LPs
Thanks for reading!!!!!!!!