Hello from Reckless!!
This Blog was written to the sounds of:
Heavy week as ever at Reckless! The buying was quite simply tremendous!
- Several thousand Drum & Bass 12″s and LPs. Probably around 5 thousand. Tonnes of great stuff – in amazing nick. Mid 90s to early 2000’s – Adam F, Seba, LTJ Bukem, Nookie, Paradox, 4 Hero, High Contrast, Nucleus, Doc Scott, ASC, Goldie, Alex Reece, Hyper On Experience, Logistics, Blu Mar Ten etc.
- Loads of modern titles again from one seller – around 700 CDs and 100 LPs – titles from David Bowie, Chris Carter, Immortal, Nightwish, Autechre, Deerhoof, Chris Clark, Emeralds, Madlib, Sonic Youth, The Fall, Deicide, Frank Sinatra. Quite the unusual mix but there you go! Hundreds more artists.
- Close to 200 Blue Note CDs. Including some Japanese issues. Plenty from the usual: Hank Mobley, Miles Davis, Donald Byrd, Herbie Hancock, Art Blakey, Wayne Shorter, John Coltrane, Sonny Clark, Dexter Gordon, Archie Shepp, Grant Green, Thelonious Monk, Donald Byrd, Lee Morgan, Horace Silver, Joe Henderson, Freddie Hubbard etc. All in great shape – including lots of sealed titles.
- One of my pals sold in a great big bag of records that included: tonnes of Reggae (Dub, Roots, Dancehall), Jazz, Post Punk, Ethnographic, Avant Garde and Classical. Loads of really great records, with a few rarities in there (including two LPs from Peter Roos, Ali Farka Toure, Thomas Mapfuno etc.
- Lots of new-is stuff (well sealed at least!) – including some big box sets from Led Zeppelin, Streetwalkers, Radiohead, Nick Drake etc. Quite a few modern Jazz and Americana LPs too. Also the big Gong Virgin CD box set.
- Big ol’ pile of Modern Composition LPs from Steve Reich, Penguin Cafe Orchestra, Philip Glass, Brian Eno, Michael Nyman etc.
- Tom was out at a collection of around 1000 CDs – lots of Classic Rock, Punk, Psychedelic and Progressive Rock! Titles from 13th Floor Elevators, Joni Mitchell, Motorhead, The Pretty Things, Grateful Dead, Black Sabbath etc. Also included are a huge stack of concert programmes.
- I sold in a big stack of Reggae 45s – including lots of Roots and some early Dancehall.
- One of our pals sold in a load of decent Techno – from new to old – titles from Gemini, Ancient Methods, Drexciya, Legowelt etc.
- Hundreds of Power Metal and Heavy Metal CDs (including hundreds of cheap titles).
- Lots of random LPs came in over the counter this week – including titles from The Smiths, Curtis Mayfield, Spiritualized, Herbie Hancock, Art Tatum, Johnny Hammond, DJ Shadow, David Bowie, Oasis, Neil Young, Gene Vincent, Funkadelic, Groundhogs, The Unthanks, Spacemen 3, Leroy Hutson, Charles Mingus, RL Burnside, Barry Brown, Aphrodites Child, Taste, The Clash, Sex Pistols, Serge Gainsbourg, Bob Dylan, Madonna, The Velvet Underground, CC Dust, Black Sabbath, Max Roach, Fingers Inc, Frank Sinatra, Norah Jones, Nils Frahm, John Lee Hooker, Battles, Ryan Adams, Joanna Newsom etc.
We’ve put out hundreds ands hundreds of records and cds this week…
A) 90s Indie Rock LPs
B) Modern Rock and Pop vinyl
C) Loads of House and Techno vinyl from the late 80s to the present day. Including loads of really rare titles.
D) UK Garage
E) Psychedelic CDs
F) 60s 45s
G) Country and Western Vinyl
H) Punk LPs
I) Tonnes of Classic Rock LPs from the usual suspects
J) Drum & Bass / Jungle including lots of clean Moving Shadow
K) Disco / Boogie
L) Hip Hop CDs (including cool bits from Three 6 Mafia, Tommy Wright etc
M) Hip Hop vinyl
N) More Soundtrack LPs
O) Lots of oddities for the Exotica section
Plenty of collections coming up this week – watch this space. We’ve been really busy recently but we’re still getting tonnes of records out. The racks are looking really good at the moment!
See ya soon!