Hope you’re all well! Some wicked bits in this week check it out:
(Written to the sounds of….)
- One of my friends (who I’ve known for close to 20 years) sold us his Rap CD collection. Over the years he has sold us loads of top vinyl, amazing Reggae/Ska CDs, Black Metal/Death Metal CDs and that wicked Japanese Hardcore/Crust/D-Beat CD collection and they’re always very high quality. Top condition, first pressings. Theres around 1200 CDs here. From super Old School to Boom Bap to Classic 90s to Def Jux to super Underground sh*t. Included are also some rare mix cds and even about 10 old school long box releases. Titles from artists as diverse as Nas, Wu Tang Clan (as well as pretty much every solo CD), Ill Bill, Necro, Master Ace, Big L, Diamond D, Cannibal Ox, Danny Brown, K Solo, 2 Live Crew, Grandmaster Flash, Heather B, De La Soul. Public Enemy, NWA, Blahzay Blahzay, AZ, Lord Finesse, O.C., The Nonce, A Tribe Called Quest, Billy Woods, Gets Boys, The Notorious BIG, Scarface, Cypress Hill, Company Flow, Murs etc. The rarer titles seems to be the more Old School titles which hadn’t been reissued on CD and luckily theres loads of rare 80s CDs here. Its clear that this collection was a real labour of love and we’re well chuffed to purchase it – and are sure loads of you will be very happy indeed as its the real deal.
- Small but fantastic pile of first pressing Classic Rock LPs (Led Zeppelin, Jeff Beck, Family, Van Morrisson, Fleetwood Mac etc).
- Large selection of Indie/Ambient/Electronica/Warp Records CDs – including lots of great albums that you just don’t see very much these days,
- Some Classic Rock N Roll LPs from Elvis Presley, Chuck Berry, Gene Vincent – all in nice nick!
- Big batch of LPs from all round the world including plenty of Brazilian LPs and some Scott Walker LPs.
- Also another great pile of Brazilian LPs (along with a big pile of Jazz Fusion/Soul/Boogie but the Brazilian titles were less common). Gal Costa, Caeteno Veloso, Gilberto Gil, Milton Nascimento etc. We’ve actually had quite a few small collections in recently with a load of Brazilian titles which is great as they were fairly thin on the ground for years.
- For the Psych heads we bought an amazing big suitcase of Psychedelic CDs – including all the favourites: July, Kaleidoscope, Jefferson Airplane, Grateful Dead, The Action, Dragonfly, Status Quo, 13th Floor Elevators, Dr Strangely Strange, Incredible String Band, Jethro Tull etc. Plus loads more obscure titles.
- Lots of brand new vinyl titles (of all genres) that included a copy of the new Gene Clark box!
- More Heavy Metal/Hard Rock vinyl from Iron Maiden, AC/DC, Witchfinder General, Black Sabbath, Saxon, Girlschool, Angel Witch, Dio, Motorhead, Venom, Geddes Axe, Judas Priest etc.
- Loads of cool Vinyl titles off one seller : Soul Jazz Records comps, Sonic Youth, Arthur Russell, Smog etc.
- Some rareish RnB/Soul from Mariah Carey, Sade, Janet Jackson – 90s titles on vinyl. These also came in with a few rare Roots Reggae 12″s.
- One of our regular sellers brought in a top pile of Jazz and Latin LPs from Gal Costa, Alice Coltrane, Graham Collier, Roy Ayers and some Jazzman reissues.
- Another interesting CD collection with titles from William Drake, ZTT, Yann Tiersen, Vic Goddard, Acetone and a load of UK Folk.
- A load of KLF/Bill Drummond LPs and 12″s.
- More Hip Hop on CD but this time more Dirty South bits including load of wicked obscure titles. Plenty of titles from Project Pat, Three Six Mafia, Eightball & MG, Spice 1, Z Ro, Brotha Lynch Hung, Above The Law, Geto Boys etc. Love this gear.
- More great 60s CD Box Sets (Bob Dylan, Bonzos, Shuggie Otis, Love, Traffic, Leonard Cohen).
- Plenty more random sales of vinyl from Bruce Springsteen, Caravan, Henry Cow, Hawkwind, Leo Anibaldi, Tracy Chapman, David Bowie, Joy Division, Pink Floyd, John Lee Hooker, Ed Sheehan, The 1975, Bo Diddley, Solomon Burke, Everything But The Girl, The Style Council, Marvin Gaye, Depeche Mode, The Velvet Underground, U2, Kool & The Gang, Neil Young and The Beatles. Loads more too obviously.
Whats gone out into the racks this week:
- More 90s Techno/Trance.
- Classic House/US House – plenty of Nu Groove/Strictly Rhythm etc
- Classic Rock vinyl.
- Hip Hop CDs
- 60s/Beat 45s
- Country Vinyl
- Jazz Vinyl
- Loads of new reissues titles on vinyl – brand new
- Classical vinyl
- Rare Groove/Disco vinyl
- Punk 45s
- Drum n Bass
- Tonnes of cheaps
- Indie Rock vinyl
There are quite a few really exciting collections this week so watch this space!
Thanks for reading!