This Blog was written to……
I strongly advise listening to it in its full after reading this and flicking through the magnificent Bicycle Day book !
OK lets get started!
Whats come in this week?
- Top drawer CD collection – 500 titles, lots of great Deluxe and Mobile Sound Fidelity titles as well as a lot of Box Sets. Musically a mixture of Classic Rock, Indie, Ambient and Electronic. So; Nirvana, Queen, Porcupine Tree, Harold Budd, Roxy Music, Dolly Mixture, The Jam, Prince, The Beatles, Pearl Jam etc.
- Two huge boxes full to the brim of classic Drum & Bass. All in great condition – 95-mid 2000’s. Bad Company, Seba, High Contrast, Marcus Intalex, Ed Rush, Paradox, Reinforced, Good Looking Records, Hospital Records, Grid Recordings, Ram Recordings, Renegade Hardware, V Recordings, Virus etc. Nice to have these in in such good nick – all in the correct sleeves too.
- Tom has sold in some nice bits this week which have included titles from Shirley Collins, The Execute, Delia Derbyshire, Mariah, Motorhead as well as some Kent Soul comps, titles on Death Waltz and quite a few Hardcore Punk LPs.
- One of our regular sellers was in with his usual high quality Japanese Jazz and Rare Groove titles!
- Tom was out at a collection with several hundred CDs and some decent LPs from Senseless Things, My Bloody Valentine, Carter USM, Slowdive, Chapterhouse etc.
- Very friendly chap was in the other day with a pile of rare bits from Fairport Convention, Badfinger, Duncan Browne and Atomic Rooster. Apparently he has a lot more titles like this!
- Decent smallish collection of Heavy Metal and Industrial 12″s and 45s came in (quite a few were picture discs). Titles from Iron Maiden, Amen, Mortiis, Marduk, Def Leppard, Nine Inch Nails, The Darkness, Agoraphobic Nosebleed, Incubus, Metallica, Queens Of The Stone Age etc.
- A small spluttering of Reggae, Dubstep and Deep House.
- Some unplayed Classic Rock titles – mostly new or reissues from artists like Steve Hackett and Suede.
- More Classic Rock – but a little more played! Pink Floyd, Roxy Music, The Stranglers, Fleetwood Mac, Can).
- Friend of mine popped in with a nice batch of Psych comps, some Nurse With Wound, United States of America, Punk 45s, some odd Jazz Rock reissues from France as well as some Reggae from The Pioneers and The Maytals.
- More Hard Rock and Doom LPs from Black Sabbath, Fu Manchu, Electric Wizard etc.
- A small and slightly tatty collection which luckily featured some rare U2, John Surman, The Sound, The Who and Robert Johnson LPs and 45s.
- More marked Disco/Rare Groove/Soul/Jazz from a regular seller who must only play his records after a few beers.
- More random bits that came in: Fabio & Grooverider comps, new Joy Division red vinyl reissue, Punk 45s, rare Dana Gillespie CDs, 2Pac/Rotting Christ/DJ Screw/Three Six Mafia/Screamers shirts, Rollins Band reissue LPs.
Plenty of collections coming up this week and the racks are looking very full at the moment – so nows the time to get down!
We will be holding another sale at The Ship in Soho in a month or so – this time it will be focussing on Soul and Dance. All records will be a £1, and we have made sure its stacked full of a lot of records worth a lot more. We just need some space!!!