Hello there from all at Reckless!
This Blog was written to the sounds of…
Firstly we’d like to say thank you to everybody who came down to the Sale, we will potentially be having another one in the next month or so. Most of the unsold stock was given to charity and we have a whole bunch of nice new things to go in the crates.
We have bought loads this week!
1) Luke sold in tonnes of gear; over a hundred records and it was as you can imagine – Synth Pop, Punk, Hardcore, Noise, Experimental, Library Music, Techno, Post Punk etc. Lots of good records! Wolf Eyes, Sonic Youth, Depeche Mode, Hank Wood & The Hammerheads, Beau Wanzer, Chelsea, Discharge, King Crimson, Pangea etc.
2) Toru bought in a great selection of UK Garage 12″s including several top bits from Groove Chronicles, Anthill Mob, MJ Cole, Todd Edwards, Tuff Jam, EL-B etc.
3) I had to raise some cash so sold in some top bits from Kevin Ayers, Heldon, Wackies Rhythm Force, The Move, Gilgamesh, Current 93, Ron Trent, Moodymann etc.
4) Al bought in a really nice pile of records including the Dolly Mixture LP (complete with the signed and numbered sleeve). Demonstration Tapes is such a great LP – and even the reissue goes for tonnes of cash now. Along with this were records from The Jam, Ramones, Death In Vegas, Dinosaur JR, Amon Duul, Chrome, Dead Kennedys, Sonic Youth etc. Some top records!
5) Some nice CDs came in this week including one small but perfect Psych collection featuring CDs from The Misunderstood, Pink Fairies, Nuggets, Soft Machine, The Zombies, High Tide etc.
6) Alan also bought in another very good Mojo-esque collection. The collection included an original sold triangle copy of The Dark Side Of The Moon, which was nice. Also lots of David Bowie, The Rolling Stones, Jimi Hendrix, The Beatles, Elvis Presley, The Byrds, Neil Young, Queen, Rush, Blondie, Tom Petty, The Velvet Underground, Electric Light Orchestra, Roxy Music, Abba, Leonard Cohen, Dire Straits, Paul Simon etc.
7) More David Bowie bits came in – including some picture discs and a 7″ vinyl box set. These won’t last long!
8) Tom bought in some nice Dubstep and Jazz cds.
9) Toru sold in some really nice records just before he went to Japan including lots of Carl Craig and some Japanese reissues of Jazz Funk and Jazz LPs. These are all on the wall.
10) Some really nice Soul, Funk and Disco came in again including bits from Marvin Gaye, Cloud One, Shannon, Funk Inc, some Strata East reissues, Motown etc. There were also quite a few decent Boogie 12″s in there (including some really rare ones!).
Some really great records have gone out this week including:
A) Loads of good Reggae – 45s to LPs. As well as a few really nice original Calypso LPs (which were pretty rare).
B) Lots of good Canterbury related LPs – as well as about 10 LPs from Van Der Graaf Generator (including some super rare pressings).
C) Still loads of Indie 45s going out – plus some good Dance and Hip Hop ones.
D) Quite a few EBM 12″ singles.
E) Dubstep 12s and CDs.
F) Lots of Laurel Canyon sound LPs.
G) Big pile of Finders Keepers (and similar) LPs – including Psych comps and oddities from around the globe.
H) Very rare Deep House 12″ from The New Age Orchestra.
I) Tonnes of mid 90s Drum & Bass.
Best 10 things I saw in the cheap sale last week
1) Loads of 12″s on Vibez including ones from Seba and Paradox – clean too!
2) We are IE original
3) So many sealed or perfect Soul LPs
4) Couple of Genesis originals
5) Some rare Dub LPs without sleeves
6) Loads of really cool looking old US House in shrink and in perfect condition.
7) Several De La Soul and Public Enemy 12″s
8) Betty Wright Light In The Attic reissues
9) Lots of great 90s DNB – including lots of Test presses with info sheets.
10) Mint unplayed copies of some unknown not even on Discogs Hardcore 12″s.
Thanks for reading, will be back with you towards the end of the week,