Yo from Reckless!!
This blog was written to the sounds of…
OK so it is RSD on Saturday and its going to be a busy one…we’ve ordered even more RSD stock than normal – titles from artists like Bob Dylan, Alpha & Omega, Ramones, Robyn, Madonna, Motorhead, The Fall, Twin Peaks, Television Personalities, The Rolling Stones, Morrissey, Noel Gallagher, Mikey Dread, Pink Floyd, Van Morrison, Basil Kirchin, 13th Floor Elevators, David Bowie, Chic, Idles, Madness, Green Day, Suicide, U2, Weezer, Wipers etc…. thats just a small portion of what we will be stocking.
We advise you get in nice and early!!!
Not only are we going to have all of the Record Store Day bits but on top of that we’ve got loads of super special rarities for you exclusively on the day! They are mostly bits made up from the following recent collections we have bought….
1) Duncan bought an incredible collection this week. Heavily 70’s based but with lots of classic and obscure titles from the Psych, Jazz, Blues, Classic Rock, Folk, Country, Singer Songwriter and Prog genres. In general most titles veer towards the psychedelic thats for sure! There are some very rare titles here – and ones that are in really nice condition too; several Nick Drake titles, Blossom Toes “If Only For A Moment”, High Tide, various Nico and Velvet Underground titles, Jimi Hendrix first pressings, both of the Bill Fay LPs, clean original King Crimson and Led Zeppelin LPs, Daddy Longlegs, Fever Tree, Dino Valente, Captain Beefheart, Pharaoh Sanders/Cecil Taylor/John Coltrane and original Blue Notes, Bakerloo, Alice Cooper on Straight, both Matching Moles in super condition, Larry Young’s Fuel, Syd Barrett, Nic Jones, Graham Bond (cleanest copy Ive ever seen), Black Sabbath Vertigo swirl, tonnes of original West Coast LPs, Glastonbury 3xLP with the outer sleeve, several UK original MC5 titles, Hugh Hopper, about 6 Townes Van Zandt LPs, Howlin Wolf electric LP etc. There are also a lot of classic but not necessarily rare titles that are lesser seen these days – and all in generally fantastic condition. There are also a fair amount of top Psych represses from artists like Kaleidoscope, Aardvark, The Pretty Things and many more of that ilk. I believe there is more to come from this collection (singles and memorabilia mostly) so watch this space. Its certainly been most enjoyable pricing up so many rarities.
2) A selection of “modern rarities” came in this week. It consisted of quite a few Soundtracks (the deluxe heavy vinyl type), Czarface comic sleeve LP, a rare Sigur Ros title, several Metal LPs, some Indie/Shoegaze (including a few scarce LPs) as well as some modern Pop/Rock titles that were all fairly rare.
3) Another fairly regular seller brought in a great pile of Indie/Folk/Rock titles including LPs and 45s from The Fall, Kathryn Williams, Talking Heads, Bjork, Skunk Anansie, Big Star, Primal Scream… mostly in tip top condition.
4) One of my pals brought in another big box of titles including more Italo Disco, Hardcore Punk, several obscure Thrash Metal LPs, Crusty/Prog titles from Yeti/Dystopia/Tarantula Hawk, Aphrodites Child/EYEHATEGOD/Black Flag/Nas reissues and some House music. As always a beautiful mix of styles.
5) Another friend brought in some really nice bits this week including a load of Afrobeat reissue LPs, Stereolab box set, several Indie CD Box Sets – Liverpool and Glasgow comps, Punk, Psych reissues, original LP from The Herd and a few almost Pre Punk/Pub Rock bits.
6) One of our regular DNB sellers came in several times this week with a about 60 12″s and LPs – lots of Calibre/High Contrast/Seba, Suburban Base, Good Looking Records, Ram etc. All a bit rough but all play fine and are priced accordingly!
Loads of great bits went out this week…
A) More full runs of 45s from bands like Elastica, The Donnas and perhaps the most exciting 45 was “Nuthin But A G Thang” UK 45 from Dr Dre!!!
B) More Blues LPs including several Blue Horizon titles.
C) Loads on the Dance side: Dubstep, UK Garage, Drum & Bass, 90s Techno, Jungle, Disco, Classic House…
D) Quite a few Japanese LPs – many obscure ones – from Ambient to Hardcore Punk to Jazz.
E) Some nice Reggae – including some rare UK 45s.
F) Finally we topped up the Country and Rock N Roll sections with some nice rare bits.
G) A hell of a lot of Classic Rock
OK see you at 10am on Saturday but just before we go we have a Top Ten from Kents wickedest Bad Boy…..of course its Braga Circuit!
10 of my favourite House tracks (all time)
1. Sub-Urban Soul – Domything (TMVS MIX)
2. DJ Spen – Show U
3. JohNick – Good Time
4. The Serious House Mixer – Bardot Swing (Feat. Byrd Bardot) (Cha Cha Mix)
5. Paul Johnson – What Ever You Do
6. DJ Duke Presents Protection – Safe Sex (Dub Mix)
7. Erick “More” Morillo – Dancin (A Little More Dub)
8. Box Of Yummies Whena (Keith’s Klub Mix)
9. Dreddmon – Work It (Dreddful Soul Mix)
10. 24 Hour Experience – Take Me Up To Bed (Filthy dub)
Till next week!