Yo from Reckless!!
This Blog was written to the sounds of..
I must listen to this Harold Budd CD three times a week – it’s the best. Especially if you’re going back and forth from Kent to London as much as I have to!
OK lets get started…
1) Absolutely killer Golden Era Hip Hop 12″ and LP collection from a long time collector and ex member of staff of the wicked Mr Bongo shop. Pretty much all 90s, but with a smidgen of 80s too; Lord Finesse, EPMD, Redman, A Tribe Called Quest, Nas, Diamond D, The Beatnuts, Black Sheep, The Alkoholiks, The Pharcyde, Gang Starr, Kool G Rap, Cypress Hill, MF Doom, Ultramagnetic MCs, Fat Joe, Main Source, Wu Tang Clan. You name it. We’ve had so much Rap in recently but this is a really good collection – they are not lasting long so don’t be too chill in getting down. Lots of them in great nick, in shrink with the hype stickers. You can tell a lot of love went into this collection and now its your turn to enjoy it!
2) From another seller a load of newer Hip Hop – Freddie Gibbs, Tyler The Creator, Travis Scott…you know the deal. LPs and CDs.
3) Lots of really rare bits came in this week – but most of the super rare bits were in pretty rough shape (and priced accordingly!). Things like Mono UK first Fairport, gold Please Please Me, Shirley Collins “No Roses” and amazingly another Jackson C Frank! Quite mental to get another copy of that in as it is so rare. If you’re happy with a copy that gets a bit crackly (but is a small fraction of the price of a clean one) then now is the time!
4) About 30 45s from The Fall came in including another copy of the really rare Mous Cha Cha 45. These are generally in really nice condition and all went out a few days ago. If you like The Fall and don’t have these what are you doing with your life.
5) Kris was on a buying spree on Sunday and bought in hundreds and hundreds of CDs. The largest most interesting collection was a Classical one, albeit mostly modern Classical. Lots of Minimalism and Avant Garde from Ligeti, Part, Reich, Glass, Stockhausen as well as more common titles from Beethoven, Holst, Dvorak, Mozart etc. A lot of these went in the cheaps but there are also some rarer titles snuffled away somewhere. Most of these have gone out already.
6) I bought in a nice selection of 60s Ska and Rocksteady (with the odd 80s Dancehall bit too), mostly UK or JA originals from The Hippy Boys, Prince Buster, I Roy, Derrick Harriott, Stranger Cole etc.
7) Toru was also buying in some nice Reggae and Soul this week from artists like Augustus Pablo, Evans Pyramid, Tommy McCook, Shadow. All the cool bits !
8) One of my good pals brought in 4 big bags of 12″s and LPs at the start of the week – nearly all Italo Disco! Some top biscuits in here – they should be going out in the next few days. We don’t get enough Italo in so you better be quick!!!
1) Hundreds of Indie 45s including lots of full runs (PJ Harvey, Mansun, The Hives, Mega City 4, Monster Magnet, Manic Street Preachers). The singles guys have obviously reached M in the big collection we bought.
2) Tonnes of Rap – two full rows now.
3) Classic Rock and Punk LPs – loads, some a bit scruffy, some top tier.
4) Most of the rest of the Detroit collection.
5) Loads of Soul and Funk LPs.
6) Lots of Psych CDs.
We’re getting ready for Record Store Day and have done a pretty big order this year. We’ve got some of the big ones too that everybody wants!
This weeks Top Ten is from our pal Leigh from Extravision!!!
1. Shirley Collins and Davy Graham – Hares on the Mountain
2. Sister Irene O’Connor – Fire
3. The Singing Nun – Dominique (1963)
4. Rory Gallagher – I Fall Apart
5. The Street Band – Toast
6. Quango – Fatality
7. Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons – The Night
8. Susanne Rosenberg – Vallåtar från gammelboning
9. Mrs. Miller – Mrs. Miller’s Greatest Hits
10. Rihanna – Anti
Check out Extravision here if you don’t know them already:
Thanks Leigh!! And thank you for reading!! See ya next week!