Hello from Reckless!
This blog was written to the sounds of;
Very heavy week this week; with some really great records being sold in over the counter; and some great records purchased at collections!
Lets get started!
1) Duncan went to a cracking collection this week of 60’s straight through to the late 80’s. As you can see from the picture above – they did not have a generic taste in music. It’s been a fairly long time since we had a Mono original copy of SF Sorrow. I can certainly understand why – it’s a tough one to sell. Lots more left of centre titles from The Fugs, High Tide, Annette Peacock, Lol Coxhill etc. I can’t see these sitting around.
2) Toru bought in a selection of records on the Further Electronic label. Any Discogs user that used to follow user “spa5tik0lonz” knows. Very limited – 200 copies only – the label releases a mixture of House, Techno, Braindance and Ambient Dance Music. We’ve got about 5 titles in right now – maybe less after the weekend. Brainwaltzera, DMX Krew, Tusken Raiders etc.
3) Toru, Scott and I have all bought in some really great Reggae this week. From Rocksteady to Ska to Dub to Lovers Rock to Dancehall. Some really top titles from Bim Sherman, Bob Marley, Sonya Spence, Enos Mcleod, Johnny Clarke, Humry Hartman, Lloyd Parkes, Barrington Spence, Lone Ranger, King Tubby, Clancy Eccles, Nicodemus, Fabian, Pablo Gad, The Upsetters, The Soul Brothers, The Congos, Grounation, Junior Delgado, Jah Red, Culture, Sugar Minnott etc. I also bought in a copy of “Midnight” by Willie Lindo – the 12″ pressing which was snapped up by Mr Thing as soon as it went out. A massive favourite of mine – an amazing Boogie Reggae Barry White cover!
4) Lots of great Hardcore Punk and Metal came in also; a mixture of originals and reissues; from a big Everytime I Die vinyl box set to Black Flag and The Misfits. Also some Boris, Sunn 0))), Part Chimp, The Melvins. Speaking of Punk Alan put out about 30 different 45s from The Damned this week – including loads of foreign picture sleeves.
5) Loads more Tech House came in – including some rare ones from Urban Groove Alliance, Dexter, Corrie and Len Lewis.
6) More dance came in from our friend Shanti Celeste who sold in a huge batch of killer Detroit business including bangers from Theo Parrish, Andres, Marcellus Pittman, Moodymann, Mike Huckaby etc. There were loads of titles here – a really nice mix.
7) Lots of Japanese Jazz, Funk, Folk titles were sold in this week – all nice originals with OBIs! Bits from Naoya Matsuoka, Maki, Terumasa Hino, Sadao Watanabe etc. I had only really heard Maki out of these but they all certainly look very interesting.
8) Plenty of Classic Rock came in; including lots more Beatles titles. Some rare Blues 45s (including some UK Howlin Wolf EPs), a load of Russian issues of Black Sabbath, Rolling Stones, ELP etc as well as all the staples from Eagles, Joni Mitchell, Neil Young, AC/DC etc.
9) I was a bit skint after buying a banging Nike tracksuit so had to sell in a load of top titles from Bridgette Fontaine, Front 242, King Diamond, Remarc, Napalm Death, Sandy Denny, Ron Trent, Slayer, Muslimgauze etc.
10) We got a UK original of the very rare (and very good) Trevor Lucas LP. Trevor is most famous for being in Fotheringay and from being Sandy Dennys partner – mans folk royalty.
11) Various great UK Garage titles from Groove Chronicles, DJ Zinc, Roy Davis JR etc. I think about 100 titles came in.
12) Quite a bit more 90s Rap came in too – including some big boys from The Notorious BIG, Showbiz and AG, Naughty By Nature, Ultramagnetic MCs etc.
You’ll have to excuse me for not getting a Top Ten this week; real life and the Christoph De Babylon/Wah Was Wino/The Flex weekender was rather draining.
I will say it was very refreshing to see our pal Danny Bushes (who is half way through doing us a Top Ten) play this at the great Left Alone party this weekend.
As well as an amazing Orca track that isn’t on youtube!
Lots of interesting collections on the horizon at the moment so keep you’re eyes on the Instagram or even better get yourself in the shop!
Thanks for reading;