Yo from Reckless!!!
This Blog was written after I sneaked down and did all my mums washing up to ::
Its only been a few days since the last Blog Post but its been pretty hardcore. The shop has been busier than ever and the buying has been great as always!
- Loads of original 60s and 70s Beatles LPs have been coming in. Loads of super clean copies too. There has also been a hell of a lot of George Harrison LPs (including a top notch copy of All Things Must Pass). As I’m sure you can imagine these never last long. Pauls son also popped in and asked if we had any vacancies this week so its been a very Beatle-y week here at Reckless!
- More Hardcore Jungle! Some really tasty bits from DR S Gachet, New Era, Droppin Science, Doc Scott, The Alliance….loads more due in soon too!!!
- From the same seller a nice batch of Roots Reggae and Dub: Scientist, African Head Charge, Big Youth, Mad Professor, Augustus Pablo, Tribesmen, Prince Jammy, Aswad etc.
- Small batch of Esoteric Progressive Rock LPs, Italian Psychedelia, recordings of Satanists, Horror Soundtracks and Doom Metal LPs came in.
- Some really good Punk and Oi! came in from a nice bloke – all pretty mash up – but they played well: Crass, The 4-Skins, The Business, The Varaukers, Chaotic Dischord, Peter & The Test Tube Babies, Conflict, GBH…..he also had a load of U2 records!!
Plenty more has come in as I have been told but I’ve been back home so haven’t seen whats up. I’ll add it to next week!
We got some Reckless Slipmats made this week – and they are well sick. I’ll put pics up when I’m back from Kent.
We have a gig next Saturday with the always amazing The Number Ones!
This weeks Top Ten is from my Mum!
My Mum is one of the reasons I love music so much I reckon – always used to play me sick records as I used to play with Soldiers. I remember she used to be really into the White Noise LP and the soundtrack to 2001. I have found tonnes of cool records in her collection over the years: Karlheinz Stockhausen, loads of French EPs, Igginsbottoms Wrench, Shirley Collins….She loves music and can often be found at gigs in Broadstairs at either the Folk Festival or the Blues Bash. Thanks for doing this Mum you are the best!!!!
- While my Guitar Gently Weeps George Harrison the first and best to be played very loud in a large space to swoon and dance to.