We have been busy bees at Reckless this week – some staff have been away (Paris, Tokyo) and the collections keep coming in. This blog was written to the sound of the ridiculous Shoegaze meets Black Metal sounds of Alcest. Register to Vote.
OK lets get started.
- I went to a CD collection in Lewisham. The email had said over a thousand Black Metal and Noise CDs – all as underground as you like; so my interest was high. When I arrived I was given box after box of super extreme CDs (he also had loads of vinyl but didn’t want to sell them yet). Every Box was piled high full of proper full on hardcore stuff. No big league players like Emperor, Immortal et al. It was all super underground French, South American, Japanese, Eastern European hardcore Metal and Noise. So you have CDs by artists like Whitehouse, Vlad Tepes, Profanatica, Nurse With Wound, Ramleh, Thou Art Lord, Abigor, Summoning, Countess etc. There were a lot of rare CDs by artists like Death In June, Throbbing Gristle, Current 93 etc. There was also a load of Dark Ambient, a bit of Goth, some Death Metal and a couple of Punk titles too. This is going to take ages to go through, but some titles went out this weekend and they will not last long at all.
2) Now for something else completely hardcore. Scott went to another Hardcore collection. It was absolutely killer. It was generally a mixture of Old Skool Hardcore, Rave, Drum N Bass, Happy Hardcore, UK Garage and Jungle. But this guy bought all the right titles at the time. From Screwface to Durban Poison. Check our Instagram for some nice pictures of the labels. There were some huge Anthill Mob, Confettis, Torchman, From The Man Like Pennywise, Mega City 2, DJ Lee, Studio 2, Sunshine Productions, Homegrown Records, Kniteforce Records – you name it – it was there. In my opinion one of the greatest pile of records we have had for sometime.
3) We got the start of a massive Old Skool Rap collection on Saturday. Mental thing was – all the titles were in NM at the worst. All in shrink, all with Hype stickers. So many wicked titles – from pricey biscuits to cheap bangers. Loads of killer Electro, and totally random one aways. I think we bought about 10% of it on Saturday and that was a huge pile. Check the Instagram for a video of me flicking through them.
4) I bought in a nice pile of classic titles from this nice bloke on Saturday. This included about 15 Jimi Hendrix titles, some nice reggae (Scientist, Toots & The Maytals, Heptones etc), Public Enemy, Talking Heads etc. All nice condition – mostly original issues.
5) Tom and me bought in a large collection of CDs and Vinyl from someone on Saturday – there was a lot of stuff. In the collection were a few pricey and rare vinyl titles from artists like Elvis Costello, Elliot Smith, Dracula OST, The Smiths etc.
6) Duncan bought in a nice pile of Prog and Esoteric records. It was one of those odd piles where nearly all of the titles had Witchcraft in the titles. This included Saturnalia, Earth & Fire and some spoken word records about Satan and Witchcraft.
7) We got a copy of Anti War Dub
We also bought in loads of Jazz titles on CD, some nice US Soul (which could lead to buying a very big collection), some new House and Techno and some more Classic Rock!
This weeks Top Ten is from Louis Eastwood – the wicked South London DJ who does Rausch Turning with Tris.
- African Connexion – Midnight Pressure
- Zarate Fix – Sands of Time
- Philippe Chany – Cairo Connection
- Cheb Khaled – Hada Raykoum
- African Head Charge – Family Doctoring
- Tolouse Low Trax – Rushing into Water
- Dwarfs Of East Agouza- Where’s Turbo
- Raffaele Serra – Lust For Ecstacy
- Outer Space – 3332
- 33.10.3402 – LVIV
Thanks Louis!!! Wicked list!!