Hiya from Reckless.
Mega week here. Lets get started…this is whats come in this week:
- Huge bunch of New Wave / Indie / Post Punk LPs and 12″s in AMAZING condition. This included titles by Young Marble Giants, They Might Be Giants, Devo, Talking Heads, Blondie etc. Some super nice titles.
2) Around 20 Dub Techno 12″s came in – all clean as. Full to the brim of Basic Channel and Maurizio. You know they are the real deal. Hardcore Dub Techno.
3) Fairly big pile of Reggae came in, mostly Greensleeves titles but with a bit of Maytals, Gregory Isaacs, Beres Hammond. Mostly standard but decent titles but with a splattering of heavy roots 12″s. Expect to see them on the wall soon with the Abacush that came in last week.
4) On the CD front, a full Dead Can Dance HDCD collection came in last week. Probably the best and most sensible way to listen to one of the greatest bands of all time. These are super nice and will not last long. Below is one of my favourite songs of all time.
5) Full range of standard but classic Punk singles went out yesterday. Absolute bangers from 999, Siouxsie & The Banshees, The Clash, Public Image LTD etc. Mostly fairly clean, certainly cleaner than your average Punk single in a second hand shop.
6) The ex Pirate Radio DJ came back yesterday with some wicked DNB 12″s and LPs. This included mostly white label 12″s from Photek, Intense, Grooverider, 4 Hero etc. Some absolutely wicked records. All in amazing condition, with press sheets. Huge.
7) This nice bloke popped in yesterday with a small pile of records to test the waters and left happy with some cash in his pocket; promising to come back with more of the same. He had a nice small collection of records by the Sex Pistols, The Jam, Experiments With Ice, DAF etc. But what was most promising was a copy of The Elephant Table compilation LP (with Nurse With Wound, SPK, Chris & Cosey etc), MDC’s 1982 LP, and Leichenschrei by the immortal SPK.
8) I bought in a nice pile of Blues and Jazz LPs yesterday. It was a mixture of rare obscure private press titles, Mississippi Records titles and more standard cheaper titles. There were a few nice suprises there and they all went out in the racks during overtime last night.
9) From one of our regular sellers we managed to score a US original of “Trying To Get Next To You” by Arnold Blair. Super rare, recently reissued by our friends Soul Jazz. We all want this 7″.
We also had a rather large Soul/Funk collection and various US Indie and Post Punk titles come in. And probably loads more that went straight out and sold right away! Also of note this week is that the Soul/Dance/Jazz reductions were done. Tonnes of cheap soul and Drum & Bass in particular. These titles are flying out at a quid. Looks like the Record Collector article on bargains was published a little too late!
Brainiac Five play the Betsey Trotwood on the 12th of May!
TLF play Leeds on Saturday! Lets hope I can still stand after Detroit In Effect on Friday!
This weeks Top Ten is from Alexis Taylor of Hot Chip! Thanks Alexis!!!
- Rhythm & Sound – Mango Drive
- James Joyce reading James Joyce – Anna Livia Plurabelle (extract from Finnegan’s Wake)
- Neil Young – Dead Man Soundtrack LP
- Kinky Justice – Music & Lyrics (10″ep)
- Da Vist Boys – Body Shaking (Rosko Gee Remix)
- Gavin Bryars – Jesus Blood Never Failed Me Yet
- Mark Ernestus’ Ndagga Rhythm Force – Yermande (Kick & Bass Mix)
- The Beach Boys – ‘Til I Die (Alternate Mix)
- Jeff Alexander – Come Wander With Me
- Little Richard – Mr Big LP